Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enticement to commit a crime

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you not seen any newspapers in the last few years? Theresa May is on a mission to cut police numbers and introduce more efficiencies - just ask Edna.

Do you really think that faced with a reduced number of officers and the need to make cuts, it's a good use of resources to send a busload of officers around the pubs of Brighton?

These same bus load of police are still sat in the same bus chatting while waiting for a call just look in any major town on a Fridsay or Staurday night. so no increased cost or use of man power.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do they still sell mild in the UK, not noticed it anywhere there in years....have Kozel Cerny here that seems very similar. Old bloke back in the day used to get mild with a dark rum in it. Said it was like porter of days gone by

My local has a mild on all the time, and very nice it usually is too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I started going into pubs at 13. Watneys mild in the Cricketers, Portslade.
I used that pub when I was 15-Mann's Brown and Mild.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I like everyone i know used to drink underage

If police want to stop it in pubs get off your backside and raid a pub and inspect ID,dont groom kids to be your disciples.Leave the fracking publicans alone,the chances are anyone underage inside a pub is not causing a problem anyway.

why not target the shops who dont give a toss who they sell too,the people buying from these places not pubs are the ones causing anti social behaviour

its not rocket science is it

el punal

What, that all staff should ask anyone 'who looks under 25' for ID?

Someone who I perceive to look under 25 may be totally different to yours.
At 17 I looked a hell of a lot older and rarely got carded.

An easier option for all is to just ask ID of everyone. Pain in the ass but would prevent these issues.

How inconvenient. It means that I'll have to take my bus pass and Senior railcard in to the pub every time I want a drink!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I carried my passport all the time when we were in the US/Canada in May as everytime I made a credit card purchase I have to show photo ID, it wasn't really a problem as long as you are careful and keep it secure.

That's OK for a couple of weeks but passports aren't designed to be carried everywhere, they're made of paper and card not plastic - they'd never last 10 years. There'd also be more passport thefts. And what would happen when you renew them? It takes about a month currently, are people not allowed to drink during that period?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I like everyone i know used to drink underage

If police want to stop it in pubs get off your backside and raid a pub and inspect ID,dont groom kids to be your disciples.Leave the fracking publicans alone,the chances are anyone underage inside a pub is not causing a problem anyway.

why not target the shops who dont give a toss who they sell too,the people buying from these places not pubs are the ones causing anti social behaviour

its not rocket science is it

They do target shops as well it's just that this sting was targeted at pubs.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Simple answer is introduce a national ID card. It would only carry the same information as a passport or driving license ie. name, date of birth and a photo. If it had to be carried at all times it could combat among other things fraud and illegal immigrants. I know the civil liberties brigade are against it but I have no problem. This wouldn't however, stop underage drinking, as the bar staff would still have to ask for proof of age and if they couldn't be bothered it would still go on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here