Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough is Enough

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Is there a large percentage of NSC posters trying to take over Private Frazer's role in 'Dads Army' as in "We're all doomed Captain Mainwaring".

Yes I know we're in the relegation zone, yes the football has been awful, yes Sami Hyypia doesn't seem able to motivate the team, but for God's sake ease up on the world is coming to an end!

What League 1 grounds will we visit next season? I'm not renewing my season ticket! That's it I'm not coming to the Amex again. Why has Tony Bloom gone back to Australia - he's lost the plot! And so it goes on.

Let's all just calm down a tad. We are not even halfway through the season yet. We've been in the bottom 3 for a couple of weeks, not since August or September. We have a number of key players to come back from injury. We have the January transfer window coming in order to add new players where required.

This is football, you take the rough with the smooth and you support YOUR club through thick and thin. Just accept the fact.

Of course it's not the end of the world but you're dreaming if you think a couple of players are going to make a difference. its the fundamentals of football that are wrong. ALL THE GEAR AND NO IDEA, Sums it up!
Also people know it's not the end of the world but football is about passion and wanting your team to be the best. If we all had the 'oh well' attitude football wouldn't be what it is!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Is there a large percentage of NSC posters trying to take over Private Frazer's role in 'Dads Army' as in "We're all doomed Captain Mainwaring".

Yes I know we're in the relegation zone, yes the football has been awful, yes Sami Hyypia doesn't seem able to motivate the team, but for God's sake ease up on the world is coming to an end!

What League 1 grounds will we visit next season? I'm not renewing my season ticket! That's it I'm not coming to the Amex again. Why has Tony Bloom gone back to Australia - he's lost the plot! And so it goes on.

Let's all just calm down a tad. We are not even halfway through the season yet. We've been in the bottom 3 for a couple of weeks, not since August or September. We have a number of key players to come back from injury. We have the January transfer window coming in order to add new players where required.

This is football, you take the rough with the smooth and you support YOUR club through thick and thin. Just accept the fact.

Sorry completely disagree, people are concerned because we're already running at a loss at the Amex and if we get relegated we'll be in a nasty financial position. If you want to sit there and applaud Sami taking us down to league 1 then so be it but don't blame others for expressing their views.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you a Chamberlain or a Churchill.

Ed's grandad

Nov 30, 2014
Yes, come on people there is a bright side to everything, just think how cheap the season tickets will be when we do go down!!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

They don't like it up 'em (though some of 'em might).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Let's all just calm down a tad. We are not even halfway through the season yet. We've been in the bottom 3 for a couple of weeks, not since August or September. We have a number of key players to come back from injury.

Key players to come back from injury? Hope they make more of an impact than March has so far. He's been worse than poor. Or more of an impact than CMS did on return from injury .... high hopes ... zero impact.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I just stumbled across a Brighton fan in Colombo. He is cancelling his family's four season tickets.

We'll be lucky to get 10,000 next year in League 1.

Everybody Out...!!!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Key players to come back from injury? Hope they make more of an impact than March has so far. He's been worse than poor. Or more of an impact than CMS did on return from injury .... high hopes ... zero impact.

Have to agree with this. What key players do we have out that are going to make a difference? I don't remember them setting this league alight before and I very much doubt they will be on fire as soon as they are back.

derbyseagull

May 6, 2006
Derby UK
Sorry completely disagree, people are concerned because we're already running at a loss at the Amex and if we get relegated we'll be in a nasty financial position. If you want to sit there and applaud Sami taking us down to league 1 then so be it but don't blame others for expressing their views.

This is exactly the point. The fanancial impact of dropping into league 1 will be be grave. It will shatter to pieces the so called five year plan to the premiership. Tony Bloom will return from down under with us past the point of saving our season. The stadium built will be half empty, sponsorship money will drop and financial decline will set in.

As I have said here before. I am not a knee jerk sack the manager person. If I could see signs of a a plan or an improvement or even see where the next goal is coming from. We are short of goalscorers so what do we do? Send CMS to the Posh on loan. Its not just fans but other people who know about the game, can not underderstand what is happening at the Albion. The shocking thing is no one at the club seems midly concerned. In public anyway.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
There's a very good debate on The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast, this week.

Centering around Arsenal but obviously the names can be changed to fit us, now.

The general point being questioned was:-

'What are the Arsenal fans upset about?'

Are they upset about the football or the simple fact they are completely powerless to do anything about it.

I think there is a large element of this on here.

The frustration for many (most?) of us boiled over at the Millwall game. Everyone said it was a must win game. Sami's selection and tactics didn't work. The players didn't play well (although not as badly IMHO as some have implied). The crowd took their frustration out on anything and everything. Hyypia and Jones. The Millwall fans. The players. Fellow Albion fans.

And what did it achieve?

A few fans who crossed the line will find their STHs have been cancelled and maybe worse.

Sami is still in charge.

We lost the game.

It was a thoroughly unpleasant experience, and some people will have been further put off from coming again or renewing STs.

We are all still frustrated. Most of us think we should have a new manager. But, in my view, if we repeat what happened at the Millwall game then it will not help to resolve things. Bloom is not the sort of guy to give in to what was, frankly, mob rule.

So, if you are so frustrated then don't come on Boxing Day. But if you do, let's all try pointing in the same direction. Let's make the distinction between disliking the regime and supporting the team. Faced with a much more serious situation, we managed to swallow the frustration in 1997 and did just that. And hey, we didn't get relegated.

PG

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I do agree that you support your club through thick and thin, but you also have a choice of how you SUPPORT your club. My Mum would call herself a life long Brighton fan, she's been to about three games in her lifetime, she's 75. Many of the people I meet at non-league football are looking at their smart phones to see how "The Albion" are getting on. I am one of those long standing season ticket holders who is choosing to support from a non-league ground next season, not in some grand gesture just through choice and a choice of how I spend about £1,300 of my money. Before we go down the bad fan and not supporting the club many can vouch for support given outside of season tickets and pies, but in bucket collections, sponsorship, attending marches and writing letters, I've simply had enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are all still frustrated. Most of us think we should have a new manager. But, in my view, if we repeat what happened at the Millwall game then it will not help to resolve things. Bloom is not the sort of guy to give in to what was, frankly, mob rule.

PG

The disappointing part of this current scenario is the opinion that TB will do anything other than what TB wants to do.

Back in the day the fans had everything on it's side in the battle with the owners.

Now TB is stood in front of a £200,000,000 'investment' underwriting £10,000,000 annual loses, for the purpose of us to watch football.
The moment the next 3 points don't seem to 90 minutes away, we get bombarded with anti this that and the other.
Storm (placard) the barricades, Archer and Bellotti's names being thrown around, from people who were enjoying taking a backseat, and didn't have time to engage with fellow fans here, until trouble loomed on the horizon.

To a point that's all fair enough, and agreeable because it is frustrating, we are playing sh*t, something bigger than just the current manager would appear to be wrong, and we are paying through the nose for the 'privilege'.

But and it's a massive but, we might as well be talking about different sports.
The only thing that's the same is the blue and white stripes.

We can tell Tony what we think but we can't expecting him to do anything about it.

So we either support our club or we don't, and that's incredibly frustrating.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So our club "seems to be trying it's damndest to self destruct", what a load of bollocks, get a grip people, relax and enjoy the silly season and it will all turn out ok next year. We won't go down, hopefully Sammi's plans will bear fruit and next season we will be back up there challenging for promotion.
I think TB has the right idea coming down here, not only does he get to enjoy the world's best summer (albeit on the wrong coastline) but he also doesn't have to listen to all the daily hysteria and headless chickenism back home.

As a former seagull down under I can appreciate how hard it is to keep up with affairs over here. I go to the games fella, I see the problems first hand:

- signings like O'Grady
- lack of passion/inspiration from the touchline
- inept players keeping their place
- strong performers not selected
- bafflingly poor tactics
- empty seats

I'll happily bet you a very large sum that if Sami is here next season it will be in League 1.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The most frustrating thing for me is that it's SO easy to fix.
Birmingham, Bolton, Huddersfield and Fulham have all got rid of their shithouse managers when they were all in the relegation zone and look where they are now.
Reading are bound to soar up the table now Nadkins has gone.
EVEN Blackpool have improved since booting out Riga and appointing a chump.

Sack Hyypia. Appoint McDermott. Stay up. Deal with the rest of the shambles in the summer. Easy ****ing peasy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Deluded...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The 'holier than thou' 'support the board' posters (like the OP) on here are actually part of the problem; the decisions the board are making (leave Sami/Burke/Jones in place) MAKE ZERO SENSE and are damaging the club...

The correct way to support the CLUB is, in fact, to push for Sami's (and the other failures) removal; that way we avoid the almost-certain relegation that Sami is moronically leading us to.

el punal

Well there's a fine selection of view points, pretty much split into two camps - 1.) Trusting in the club hierarchy to put things right even if it's not an immediate response. Or, 2.) Radical measures to be taken straightaway to get (hopefully) an instant uplift in the club's fortunes, even if it seems to be against the club's current stance.

Either way, we won't really know who is right or wrong until the end of the season. One thing is for sure which totally unites everyone on this site - we are ALL bloody passionate about the Albion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well there's a fine selection of view points, pretty much split into two camps - 1.) Trusting in the club hierarchy to put things right even if it's not an immediate response. Or, 2.) Radical measures to be taken straightaway to get (hopefully) an instant uplift in the club's fortunes, even if it seems to be against the club's current stance.

Either way, we won't really know who is right or wrong until the end of the season. One thing is for sure which totally unites everyone on this site - we are ALL bloody passionate about the Albion.

Now that we can agree on.

Although I would like to point out that roughly 90% of the posters on here (yes, I know not necessarily representative of the whole Albion fan base, but the best we've got) are NOT in your camp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here