Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I absolutely love the guy. So much invention and intention in his play. That midfield yesterday- the one touch passing, the workrate, I’ve dreamt of that for 30 years.

This. Fifty years in my case. Unthinkable, even 3 years ago. It would have been called suicidal football. To get to this level takes time, incremental changes in the way players are asked to play, incremental upgrades in players recruited, incremental improvement in the coaching of individuals, and a collective momentum of change to squad attitude. At all times the players need to think: this is what we do, and we know how to approach change, so what's going to be new today? Bring it on.

While it's in my mind, I have seen an incredible change to the way Tross plays in recent weeks. Unbelievable pace and confidence and determination. I watched him playing for Belgium a couple of months ago and he definitely looked like he was 'slotting in', like he used to appear to be doing for us. There is so much more calculated freedom (if I may) and glee on display now.

I'm loving it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree with all those saying, that a little inconsistency is quite normal at this stage in his development.

I think he's had a terrific start and will turn out to be a huge player for us

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This. Fifty years in my case. Unthinkable, even 3 years ago. It would have been called suicidal football. To get to this level takes time, incremental changes in the way players are asked to play, incremental upgrades in players recruited, incremental improvement in the coaching of individuals, and a collective momentum of change to squad attitude. At all times the players need to think: this is what we do, and we know how to approach change, so what's going to be new today? Bring it on.

While it's in my mind, I have seen an incredible change to the way Tross plays in recent weeks. Unbelievable pace and confidence and determination. I watched him playing for Belgium a couple of months ago and he definitely looked like he was 'slotting in', like he used to appear to be doing for us. There is so much more calculated freedom (if I may) and glee on display now.

I'm loving it.
Many neutrals I know regard Tross our best player. He’s definitely someone you’d think is now very much on the radar of the best very clubs. Looking at him and Biss you can see the progression. I think Biss was a little guilty of trying to do everything (if you can be guilty for trying to do such a thing) and Tross didn’t really look like he entirely fitted in with the system. But now they’re just such confident AND efficient players. They trust the formation, trust their teammates and trust their ability.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No more "sloppy" than England international Adam Lallana. Along with the rest of our midfield now, he's looking to make fast, one touch passes that progress the ball at speed and move oppo players out of position. Sometimes these passes will go astray, but that doesn't make them sloppy. Inaccurate yes, but not sloppy. But GP realises this will happen and accepts it as an inevitable part of our game. Then it's a question of how well you recover.

Perhaps we fans need to make a slight recallibration in our expectations? In return for higher risk one touch football, with the odd missed pass, we'll see goals like those we've been seeing for the last few weeks?

just needs to gauge the weight of his passes a bit better which is always going to be a challenge away from home when the pitch has just been doused with 15mm of rain ........LLana's "goal" was tragic , he should have left it.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
No more "sloppy" than England international Adam Lallana. Along with the rest of our midfield now, he's looking to make fast, one touch passes that progress the ball at speed and move oppo players out of position. Sometimes these passes will go astray, but that doesn't make them sloppy. Inaccurate yes, but not sloppy. But GP realises this will happen and accepts it as an inevitable part of our game. Then it's a question of how well you recover.

Perhaps we fans need to make a slight recallibration in our expectations? In return for higher risk one touch football, with the odd missed pass, we'll see goals like those we've been seeing for the last few weeks?

I must have missed the bit where Lallana gave away a penalty.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I must have missed the bit where Lallana gave away a penalty.
No but he was partly responsible in failing to clear it out of the box just before Mwepu's challenge.
And he deflected the shot in for their first goal.
Other than than Adam had a good game, in the same way Enock did

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If this bloke can stop being injured all the time, he seems to be the solution to a lot of problems.

724 minutes, 2 goals, 5 assists

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Fantastic today. My have we missed him being able to drive with the ball and actually score from midfield. Hope that injury is nothing serious. We looked a completely different team with him in the side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This bloke scored the winner, assisted for the first, ran himself into the ground. That's the sort of X Factor performance that Gallagher has been giving Palace all season. Mwepu has to start when fit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He does seem to alternate between looking like someone who has won a competition to have a kickabout with Premier League players, and one helluva player.

Today, thankfully, it was the latter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should have passed it back to Sanchez :lolol:

[tweet]1513112807578996738[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here