Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I haven’t seen him play to be honest, but he’s a champions league midfielder. Good pedigree from a quality league, good age and re-sale value.

I’d like to think he’s insurance in case we do lose Biss last minute. But we need position in this area as we’ve lost Proper.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was hoping AN would say no.

20m seems a lot so must be first team.

Hell of a risk when been playing in that noddy league.

Trust the club I guess

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A bissouma replacement?

He’s more box-to-box than Bissouma, obviously it’s a weaker league but he got 10 goals and 7 assists in 45 games last season. Think of him as a Yaya Toure compared to Biss being a Viera. They’d be incredible together, as things stand I’d assume (hope) we’d set up like this

Sanchez
Webster - Dunk - White
Lamptey - Bissouma - Mwepu - March
Groß
Maupay - Welbeck

Steele, Veltman, Moder, Caicedo, Trossard, AliJ, Zeqiri

Add James & a new striker to that and suddenly I’m very, very excited :drool:

The only concern would be when the ACON rolls around.

SeagullB

Jul 4, 2021
Looks a good player, who has played champions league football so shouldn't be doubted. However, we can't be sure whether he is a bissouma replacement, as he appears to be more of an attacking midfielder. Maybe the club want to move him deeper like bissouma was himself?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
From what I’ve seen of Caicedo so far, he looks a real talent, but I think would currently be found out at Premier League level. He’s only 19. This guy looks quicker and a more obvious Defensive midfielder.
Sell Yves for £40m, bring this guy in for £20m and get Caicedo first team ready for season 2022/23. Great succession planning whilst we make a nice profit.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
That is now the SECOND player we have bid 20-25 million on this summer. Both in different positions as well which obviously means we have some cash to spend. The outgoings seem to have started well..Propper/Bernardo/Gyokeres/Malkar/Izquierdo and shortly it will be Ryan. Money obviously saved as well as 50 million that is coming in for White means we should be in decent place to get some quality additions in those key areas...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This seems certain.

My guess is that the deals were agreed at the same time between the clubs but personal terms are taking longer for Enock.

Stop it, you are making me feel a bit excited/

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He’s more box-to-box than Bissouma, obviously it’s a weaker league but he got 10 goals and 7 assists in 45 games last season. Think of him as a Yaya Toure compared to Biss being a Viera. They’d be incredible together, as things stand I’d assume (hope) we’d set up like this

Sanchez
Webster - Dunk - White
Lamptey - Bissouma - Mwepu - March
Groß
Maupay - Welbeck

Steele, Veltman, Moder, Caicedo, Trossard, AliJ, Zeqiri

Add James & a new striker to that and suddenly I’m very, very excited :drool:

The only concern would be when the ACON rolls around.

What's Adam Lallana done to upset you then?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It could be one of those ones where it's so left field where you wonder what would the poster get out of it for posting some fake news? If your trying to get more followers surely he would have said he's signing for Arsenal as they have been looking at him? So maybe there is something in it and it's Bissouma's replacement. We'll find out in the next few days.

See, don't always write off a rumour from someone who only has a few followers. It's the complete randomness of it which intrigued me!

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I'm struggling to see the logic of literally giving Davy Propper away for free, only to break our transfer record on another central midfielder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here