Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

English National Anthem / England v Sri Lanka WT20

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Alex Hales innings was precise, controlled, tactical, organised and incredibly powerful. I don't think he had a lucky shot really. He nudged and ran when he needed to, went after the boundaries at the right time. If ever there was a perfect innings (for this format) it was this. Amazing, stunning.

Crazy crazy game. No matter what you say about this format, that was simply entertainment at its best.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's easy to look at the big hitting from Hales but the reason we won that was because Hales and Morgan didn't panic when the run rate was up at 12 for most of the game. They didn't throw away thier wicket while accumulating runs which then allowed the big finish. We had that one big over at about 15/16 and then a big finish.

Completely agree. It was unbelievably controlled by the two of them, rotated the strike brilliantly when the boundaries weren't coming, and cashed when they needed to. It was one of the best partnerships in either ODI or T20 that I've seen from an England pair, barely gave a chance away, so intelligent. I'm blown away by that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How did that happen?

Christ on a BIKE.

How on EARTH did that happen?

An incredibly controlled partnership between Morgan and Hales (150+) and Hales finished it off at the end. Hales 116 no from 62 balls. He was just brilliant. Best innings I have seen for a long time. Morgan made 54 off about 35. Even Bopara came in near the end and nurdled 2 boundaries off Malinga's attempted yorkers.

Superb. Now to stuff the Saffers.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Reading this thread from the beginning, as I just have, is so so NSC. Not even a sight of the fat lady but we were dead in the water. Oh ye of little faith ! That said it was a bit of a surprise :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Boom!

That was fantastic.

Broad said in takes 2 people to have a good game to win in 20-20. I guess he was right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading this thread from the beginning, as I just have, is so so NSC. Not even a sight of the fat lady but we were dead in the water. Oh ye of little faith !
That's the style of cricket threads on NSC, and deliberately so. Although this time, no doubt posters meant what they were saying - I'll give you that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here