GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rob Green for number 1

Don't forget Jerome Flynn.

singinstudio.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Too many people with short memories - James had more than his fair share of blunders at international level and a step backwards. When fit Foster or Carson.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Carson or Green would make at least as many mistakes, for all the saves they had to make last season they also looked pretty unreliable and certainly flawed plenty of times as well. Not quite sure why Robbo's turned so occasionally nervy and uncertain during the past two seasons, but as a shot-stopper (yes, yes, a cliche, I know) and authoritative presence he's potentially (potentially, on regular-ish form) about the best we have available right now.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Robinson was dreadful tonight, doesn't seem to be on any confidence what so ever. I think David James should be given an chance in the next qualifier, but that aint going to happen with an clown in charge.

I dunno, he seems to shift with the wind of whatever most pundits and Press commentators seem to be demanding at whatever present moment in time, so I reckon there's a very good chance James will indeed play at least the first of those qualifiers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am frankly HORRIFIED at Robinsons recent performances. I honestly thought he was a safe pair of hands for England following the circus act that was David James. The fact that James is now back in contention is a deeply, DEEPLY disturbing development. Ben Foster looked the SHIZ last season, we badly need him to stake a claim. And quick.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am frankly HORRIFIED at Robinsons recent performances. I honestly thought he was a safe pair of hands for England following the circus act that was David James. The fact that James is now back in contention is a deeply, DEEPLY disturbing development.

Agree with all of that.

Silvanus

Aug 16, 2007
James should play in the Qualifiers. Make Robinson go back and work at Spurs (like James did) and get back that way.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
England have been spoilt for keepers for about 30+ years - Banks, Shilton, Clemence and even Seaman. All could probably claim to have been the best keeper in the world at some stage in their career. We just don't have a particularly good batch at the moment. We don't have an English keeper among the top 6 keepers in the Premiership.

Robinson had a poor world cup last year and the fact that we are even thinking about James again speaks volumes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cudicini has been working part time in Starbucks down Oxford Street for the last 12 months. OK he stirs a mean cappucino, but I just don't think he's ready to help salvage the wreckage of our Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Green, Carson, Foster, Robinson and James are all solid enough keepers but they are all prone to stupid mistakes.

While Carson and Foster did well for Watford and Charlton they did both make utter clangers, I mean Foster was beaten by Robinson.

Green hasnt really kicked on from his season at Norwich and has sort of done a Richard Wright in going backwards.

I dunno what it is about Robinson, His ability on crosses as always been OK at best but recently he seems to have turned into a Kuipers at them and flaping a lot.

Saying that that goal last night wasnt 100% his fault, it was a miss hit cross and whilst he could have done better with it I struggle to see how much more, Lets face it least it didnt cost us a place in the World cup like Seaman!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports