Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England's Number 1

Yoda

English & European
I haven't seen James play for a long time but I agree with JamThe Man he isn't called calamity for nothing.

On the Robinson front I'm not sure you can blame him for their first goal tonight. It was blatently a mishit cross - had he have stayed on his line one of their strikers may have got a header in and scored, then everyone would be asking why Robbo stayed on his line. You have to play the percentage game and Robbo was just very unlucky that a mishit cross from such an acute angle was on its way into the net.

If he did anything wrong tonight it was when he came for a cross not long after the goal and got nowhere near it.

Whole heartedly agree apart from one thing.

He was already off his line expecting the cross to be played near the penalty spot. Where the ball comes in, heading for the goal rather than where it’s meant to be going, all he can attempt to do is get it over the bar. He can’t catch it otherwise he takes it into the goal with him. If he leaves it, it’s a goal. He was at full stretch as it was, so just couldn’t get any real purchase on the ball to be able to get it over.

Of course, had it been Kuipers I know doubt you’d have a different view on it. ;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a load of utter bollocks.

Robinson could have MOVED HIS FEET so he had a better starting position for his leap, then he could have just caught the bloody thing. Even if he stayed where he was and only jumped three inches off the ground it still wasn't too much of an ask to punch it away or push it over the bar.

Sorry but just have some f***ing balls and apologise for your mistake. "I feel I was unlucky" "There was nothing more I really could have done" f*** off.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What a load of utter bollocks.

Robinson could have MOVED HIS FEET so he had a better starting position for his leap, then he could have just caught the bloody thing. Even if he stayed where he was and only jumped three inches off the ground it still wasn't too much of an ask to punch it away or push it over the bar.

Sorry but just have some f***ing balls and apologise for your mistake. "I feel I was unlucky" "There was nothing more I really could have done" f*** off.

Football players never take the blame for anything.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
There is no way David James should be considered. Yes he is a decent keeper, but his career has been blighted by mistakes that normally occur because he seems incapable of concentrating on the game for 90 minutes. The 2-2 game in Vienna in 2004? One goal was a free kick and James positioning was questionable, the equaliser was due to James letting the ball under his body from a nothing shot.

Also he was very poor when he was on the pitch for the 4-1 defeat in Denmark a couple of years back.

Robinson has looked shaky since the World Cup, but there seems to be a lack of keepers either fit or playing first team football to challenge him. Foster is injured, Carson has to keep being loaned out and Green is as iffy as David James.

I still think the best English keeper when fit is Kirkland, but he has problems staying fit, although he is playing for Wigan again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There is no way David James should be considered. Yes he is a decent keeper, but his career has been blighted by mistakes that normally occur because he seems incapable of concentrating on the game for 90 minutes. The 2-2 game in Vienna in 2004? One goal was a free kick and James positioning was questionable, the equaliser was due to James letting the ball under his body from a nothing shot.

Also he was very poor when he was on the pitch for the 4-1 defeat in Denmark a couple of years back.

Robinson has looked shaky since the World Cup, but there seems to be a lack of keepers either fit or playing first team football to challenge him. Foster is injured, Carson has to keep being loaned out and Green is as iffy as David James.

I still think the best English keeper when fit is Kirkland, but he has problems staying fit, although he is playing for Wigan again.

Pretty much sums it up.

James Vs France as well

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Admittedly, when their knobs accidentally end up in some slapper, or their mobile phones by chance find themselves up Ashley Cole's arse, or they accidentally put their mate's name on a speeding form, that's understandable. In this case however Robinson couldn't really blame anyone else, could he?

I suppose it might have been Beckham's fault?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Robbo has made a lot of mistakes this season so far. Play the players that are in form I say not the players that are "supposed" to be the best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here