Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Sweden

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A really good test for Roy and the boys tonight and another step into our bold new era, with new caps and the average age of the side rapidly decreasing.

I do think it will be a tough game, first game for Sweden in their new era, full strength team, going well in their qualifying group, I hate to say this but I think they are outstanding value tonight, the result is for them, for Roy it's the performance, especially of the new boys.

Either way, it promises to be a fascinating watch.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I think I'm the only one in England who's looking forward to watching this tonight, it's not the same old boring England. It's a chance to see how the young English prospects get on tonight (Sterling, Caulker, Cleverley, Z*** etc..)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think I'm the only one in England who's looking forward to watching this tonight, it's not the same old boring England. It's a chance to see how the young English prospects get on tonight (Sterling, Caulker, Cleverley, Z*** etc..)

Ahem! Check post #26!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watch the soccerballists or open up the second series of Breaking bad.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I always said that I couldn't support England all the time Don Fabio and Terry were involved - now they've gone I still can't get enthused, although I think RH was the good choice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
England line-up v Sweden: Hart, Johnson, Baines, Gerrard (c), Cahill, Caulker, Sterling, Osman, Welbeck, Cleverley, Young.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't wish any player to break his legs. A nice little niggly injury that has him in and out of the side whilst never really getting any better or worse would suffice.

A torn hamstring would keep him out against us and for a few games but not be serious enough long term to stop him going in January.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
A torn hamstring would keep him out against us and for a few games but not be serious enough long term to stop him going in January.

Wanting a promising young player to experience a lot of pain and injury?

What a disgusting human you are. I'd have expected more maturity from an elderly man.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sterling starts ahead of Zaha? What on earth is that about? I thought Zaha was the 3rd best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo? :ohmy:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Sterling starts ahead of Zaha? What on earth is that about? I thought Zaha was the 3rd best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo? :ohmy:

If you keep repeating that, people might start to believe that he actually said it.

As for why Sterling started; it's because he's a Premiership player.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
As will Zaha be in January

Not according to our chairmen he won't be.

"We have absolutely no plans to sell Wilf. He's one of our best players and we've got a great chance of promotion this season. We'd be mad to sell Zaha and potentially ruin that chance, and the £100m that comes with promotion. We're not some tinpot little club that needs to sell its best players in January to survive. We're Crystal Palace, and we're top of the league."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not according to our chairmen he won't be.

"We have absolutely no plans to sell Wilf. He's one of our best players and we've got a great chance of promotion this season. We'd be mad to sell Zaha and potentially ruin that chance, and the £100m that comes with promotion. We're not some tinpot little club that needs to sell its best players in January to survive. We're Crystal Palace, and we're top of the league."
I'm sure your heart is in agreement.

What does your head say?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you keep repeating that, people might start to believe that he actually said it.

As for why Sterling started; it's because he's a Premiership player.

It was very tongue in cheek, he was clearly misquoted by a stupid reporter working for an idiotic "newspaper".

Personally, I would give Zaha the second half tonight. Ashley Young is a useless waste of space, there is no way Zaha is worse than him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here