Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Sweden

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm always underwhelmed when I see Ashley Young's name on the teamsheet, I'm not sure how he keeps his place in the England team.

It is good too see some youngsters get blooded but that team looks a bit lightweight. Might be one of those 'never mind the result, it was the performance that matters' nights.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Worth a bet on the Swedes tonight as this is a prestigious match for them and they are putting a full strength team up against Zaha and his fellow superstars.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm always underwhelmed when I see Ashley Young's name on the teamsheet, I'm not sure how he keeps his place in the England team.

It is good too see some youngsters get blooded but that team looks a bit lightweight. Might be one of those 'never mind the result, it was the performance that matters' nights.

He was probably England's best player in the lead up to the Euros.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah ya miserable buggers! I'm looking forward to it, a glimpse of the future maybe. (And yes I know it will probably be the same as looking into the past, but hope springs eternal!)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No mention here of Stevie G's 100th cap.

In my youth the '100 cap' club was reserved for 3 genuine legends - Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton and Billy Wright. Yet by the time WC 2014 in Brazil comes around the true greats will be outnumbered by the mediocre "Golden Generation" of Beckham, Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Lampard and Rooney.

It's also worth remarking that Theo Walcott has played 30 times for England, scoring in two matches.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

In my youth the '100 cap' club was reserved for 3 genuine legends - Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton and Billy Wright. Yet by the time WC 2014 in Brazil comes around the true greats will be outnumbered by the mediocre "Golden Generation" of Beckham, Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Lampard and Rooney.

It's also worth remarking that Theo Walcott has played 30 times for England, scoring in two matches.

I'm sorry, but that's nonsense. Ashley Cole has been England's best player in the last twenty years, and probably their best left back ever. Beckham gave everything for England. Both of those players are England legends. Yes, international caps are easier to come by nowadays, but getting a hundred of them is still a hell of an achievement.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hope Caulker does well, he is one for the future.

I really do not get Welbeck, never really rated him when I have seen him play, Gives 100% but is that really enough to play for England?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Did he score a hattrick then? Because he's scored 4 goals for the senior team and one of those was against Sweden when we won 3-2.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry, but that's nonsense. Ashley Cole has been England's best player in the last twenty years, and probably their best left back ever. Beckham gave everything for England. Both of those players are England legends. Yes, international caps are easier to come by nowadays, but getting a hundred of them is still a hell of an achievement.

Yes but England BAD blah blah blah negative boring bollocks etc

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did he score a hattrick then? Because he's scored 4 goals for the senior team and one of those was against Sweden when we won 3-2.

Yes he did, away at Croatia in a qualifier in the early days under Fabio.

I know, ridiculous, isn't it? I think it's a Brighton thing, it's cool to not like England.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

There are a few on this board that are constantly negative about England whilst revelling in their smugness about being able to support other football teams due xy ancestor and it winds me up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Absolutely this.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There are a few on this board that are constantly negative about England whilst revelling in their smugness about being able to support other football teams due xy ancestor and it winds me up.

I found out the day before we got dumped outta the world cup by Germany that am a second generation Herman myself, which kinda eased the pain

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am gonna be watching just in case Zaha breaks his leg that would be such a shame.

I wouldn't wish any player to break his legs. A nice little niggly injury that has him in and out of the side whilst never really getting any better or worse would suffice.

I found out the day before we got dumped outta the world cup by Germany that am a second generation Herman myself

I'm sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here