Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs New Zealand in first ODI at Lords

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anderson needs to bowl well if we're going to defend that total with only four proper bowlers.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Who are you discounting? Dernbach or Woakes? The idea here is that we have 5 frontline bowlers, I'd say bowling is Woakes stronger suit.

I'm a big fan of Woakes.
I was having a cheap dig at Dernback. Before he went for 9 off his first over.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
presumably because Broad is not fit?

Finn? There are af ew other bowlers though. Onions, Meaker and Wright are suggested on Cricinfo. Tremlett. Roland-Jones. You may as well pick Bopara for the quality of bowling you get , he was excellent in the ODIs at home last year with ball.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In trouble again now. Need a few quick wickets or this could be over quickly

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
It's just nor fair! When we were batting we could hardly get the ball off the square, now they're knocking it all round the shop. It must be the conditions or something :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Finn? There are af ew other bowlers though. Onions, Meaker and Wright are suggested on Cricinfo. Tremlett. Roland-Jones. You may as well pick Bopara for the quality of bowling you get , he was excellent in the ODIs at home last year with ball.

Warwickshire's 6' 7" Irish medium-fast bowler Boyd Rankin called into the England ODI squad for the remainder of this series.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Good, tight bowling from Swann & Bres, then Woakes goes for 12 in his first over back :facepalm:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Despite being something of an optimist...

Strong batting down to Southee at no 9 would suggest that this is well and truly sewn up.

Very well batted Martin Guptill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here