Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Bangladesh

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
England nudging them in singles, clever stuff, apart from the fact they need 9 an over.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Tuning in now for the final overs..... |Butler goes first ball I listen to. They can blame me now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
neblakey.jpg

They'll get you Buttler

England nudging them in singles, clever stuff, apart from the fact they need 9 an over.

To be fair those two managed it pretty well - they hustled, ran hard and hit the odd boundary. As long as you hit one boundary per over that can easily bring you 9+ runs. The problem is that it seems that no-one in the England set-up thinks to do this before the last ten overs, I think that's one of the big differences between England and the rest - England are happy playing 00s ODI cricket when the middle overs meandered along, whereas other teams now are hustling plenty of runs, even if they aren't playing the big shots.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
38 from 25 balls... surely that can be done... Woakes, Jordan and Broad... cometh the hour etc...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
England get to a position where they can win and lose, never in doubt.

Jordan going to be out because of the bounce of a bat :facepalm:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
"In all ODIs England have 14 scores of 50 or more by batsmen at number 7 or lower when batting second. Jos Buttler now has six of those."

That's why he bats so low down the order !

"In all ODIs England have 14 scores of 50 or more by batsmen at number 7 or lower when batting second. Jos Buttler now has six of those."

That's why he bats so low down the order !

Doesn't that just show that he's batting too far down the order? I'd guess the stat is supposed to show that they are relatively rare things, but that Buttler has made them far more common. You can argue whether that's because he's a good batsman batting too low or because the top order are so shit that he gets plenty of opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here