• bangladesh_celebrate_afp.jpg
    bangladesh_celebrate_afp.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 188

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"England need 143 off the last 20 overs today. In the 21st century they have only once scored that many off the last 20 overs to win a full 50 over match batting second: 145 v Ireland at Dublin in 2013."

:lolol:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Few more overs like that last one and we'd be alright but I don't think they will do it, and frankly the way they've played I don't think they deserve to go through to the quarterfinals!

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Who's this Alex Hales that people were saying should have been in the team from the start of the tournament.
An average of 18 and a strike rate of 70, England clearly just don't have any depth of players.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let's not be too down about this, after all, good teams are better than us and bad teams raise their game against us as we are England. So, we are bound to lose quite frequently, its not the fault of the players, coaches or selectors.

There is no point in trying to change our game as we are doing everything right.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
From BBC

10:18
You couldn't make this up. An ECB communications email has just popped into my inbox announcing some key diary dates for the coming week. Among the top items are the Yorkshire media day and the women's academy squad announcement. No mention of the Peter Moores and Eoin Morgan resignation press conferences in there though.

Who's this Alex Hales that people were saying should have been in the team from the start of the tournament.
An average of 18 and a strike rate of 70, England clearly just don't have any depth of players.

This is Alex Hales, the only man to have scored a Twenty20 century for England, who hasn't played a game for weeks and has been dropped in at a position that he doesn't play for his county.

Moores has to go after this World Cup. I was vaguely in favour of his re-appointment (at least I could see the logic in it) but he's been an unmitigated disaster. He doesn't seem to have a clear plan for these ODIs, and seemingly no convincing long-term plan for the team in any form of the game (witness his reluctance to try new players and give them a decent run).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well I'm 41 this year, and I don't remember an England side as bad as this!?

Anyone else point to a previous England side that is quite as poor as this one!!??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So bad it's funny but nothing will be done, the same old school ties and their LAPDOGS will still run/ruin English cricket

I was TOLD OFF on Twitter by Paul Downton's former colleague and Guardian Cricket correspondent Mike Selvey for daring to suggest that England cricket fans have been treated shabbily over the KP affair.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Moores has to go after this World Cup. I was vaguely in favour of his re-appointment (at least I could see the logic in it) but he's been an unmitigated disaster. He doesn't seem to have a clear plan for these ODIs, and seemingly no convincing long-term plan for the team in any form of the game (witness his reluctance to try new players and give them a decent run).

Never mind all that. What SCHOOL did he go to?

He went to King's School in Cheshire. A lovely looking private school with hefty fees. Therefore, keep him in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well I'm 41 this year, and I don't remember an England side as bad as this!?

Anyone else point to a previous England side that is quite as poor as this one!!??

Abject as the current performances are, the current England side would wipe the floor with some of the 1980's makeweights like Derek Pringle, Tim Munton, Darren Bicknell, etc.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Here is the answer!

Conspiracy Theory: Eoin Morgan is working in counter-espionage for the Ireland Cricket Board.

Not sure who Moores works for though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
IF we scrape home you can hear the press conference now: "They set us a challenging total but we got off to a solid start. We slowed down a bit in the middle, but you're supposed to do that in a 50 over game, and then we upped the rate at the end and got home. What's the problem?"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This may seem like a CRAZY idea but perhaps it's time they tried to hit a boundary.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Abject as the current performances are, the current England side would wipe the floor with some of the 1980's makeweights like Derek Pringle, Tim Munton, Darren Bicknell, etc.

What!? We won our group in '83, P6 W5. In '87 we got to the final and were close to winning it.

Gooch, Robinson, Athey, Gatting, Lamb, Downton, Emburey, DeFreitas, Foster, Small > would wipe the floor with this current lot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here