Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v West Indies 2nd test

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It was a bit odd that one. I'm sat at least 10 feet from the telly, and I heard a nick and thought it was out straight away :shrug:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No way will the West Indies get out of this.

There's ALMOST value in the 4/9 about England here

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How could an English cricket fan not like Stuart Broad, what is that 490’something wickets? And he’s bowled some of the most legendary spells in English cricket history.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m not saying it’s right but is part of Root’s rationale that he can keep his close fielders in throughout the innings rather than having one eye on their scoring rate if we don’t make early inroads.

Definitely this........would have been part of the thinking. Cookie saying exactly this on TMS just after the declaration - allows much greater use of attacking field positions

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How could an English cricket fan not like Stuart Broad, what is that 490’something wickets? And he’s bowled some of the most legendary spells in English cricket history.

Because he's the sort of bloke who has asked "Do you know who I am?" a fair number of times.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because he's the sort of bloke who has asked "Do you know who I am?" a fair number of times.

:shrug: And that bothers you because? I can forgive a man for expecting people to know who he is when he bowls deliveries like that.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Damn, missed that one. Glad to see the old "nip downstairs for a smoke" trick still works :lolol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just seen the 2nd Broad wicket. Absolute beauty.

Without doubt my favourite England bowler.
Got a nasty streak to him too, almost Australian.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hopefully get this done and dusted before our 6 o'clock kick off tonight :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here