Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v West Indies 2nd test

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Was it Stokes idea to leave him out of the first test ? Bloody great idea that was.
Maybe there is a bit of friction between them.

If anyone is going to come back and prove his point, it's Stuart Broad.
Exceptional competitor.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bess needs to bowl better. Doesn’t even look threatening for a front line spinner.

Getting some turn now but I generally agree that he's probably not test match quality, but spinners will always struggle when not bowling so maybe too early to judge.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Getting some turn now but I generally agree that he's probably not test match quality, but spinners will always struggle when not bowling so maybe too early to judge.

He just doesn’t do enough for me, his length isnt consistent enough gives batsmen easy outs and can’t build pressure because of it, I think today is very important for Bess... if it’s all down to the seamers again I can see him being dropped.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very fortunate decision that, thought that was sliding down. Dowrich gone, 100 wickets up for Woakes. 138/6

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bit of Bess before the New ball?

Wastes overs offering no threat, as nasser just said, this is where our spinner should be earning his keep on a day 5 pitch holding one end down and rotating seamers from the other end... but with Bess bowling garbage we can’t do that, Leach should have played IMO, much better bowler to the West Indian right handers

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wastes overs offering no threat, as nasser just said, this is where our spinner should be earning his keep on a day 5 pitch holding one end down and rotating seamers from the other end... but with Bess bowling garbage we can’t do that, Leach should have played IMO, much better bowler to the West Indian right handers

Yeah I'm not sure about Bess yet, hopefully he will improve in time. I've heard Vaughan and a couple of other pundits over the last couple of weeks though say they've been impressed with him and making bland statements that he looks like a test player and has 'something about him'. Even comparing him to Graeme Swann.

Now he's been quite brave with the bat a few times but that's about it as far as I'm concerned and to compare him to Swann seems miles off the mark at the moment.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah I'm not sure about Bess yet, hopefully he will improve in time. I've heard Vaughan and a couple of other pundits over the last couple of weeks though say they've been impressed with him and making bland statements that he looks like a test player and has 'something about him'. Even comparing him to Graeme Swann.

Now he's been quite brave with the bat a few times but that's about it as far as I'm concerned and to compare him to Swann seems miles off the mark at the moment.

He is only 22, which is really young for a spinner. If he continues to develop and improve he could be a more than useful player over the next ten to fifteen years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Woohoo Brooks gone.

Brooks lbw b Curran 62

161/7

Come on, 3 wickets in 25 minutes please :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here