vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" Prior defends this next ball, but with his bat this time... "

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How has he survived that!? Absolutely plumb, umpire has had a shocker on that one, I know how I'd feel as a bowler :censored:

Needs to take full advantage of a gift of still being out there...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Ali looks like a very classy batsman.

Can't believe that in 2012 he was only playing for Wolverhampton who were in the same division as my club's 1sts [Wellington CC].
When he played at our ground he was out bowled for 72 by one of my [rather good] u14 boys [Dan Lloyd].
Both have moved on; Dan was 12thy for Worcester 2nds the other week - at u16 he is one for the future - watch this space.

We also had Chris [Buck] Rogers playing for us 11 years ago before he became a regular 1st class pro and subsequent international - top bloke [for an Aussie] too.

Can't believe that in 2012 he was only playing for Wolverhampton who were in the same division as my club's 1sts [Wellington CC].
When he played at our ground he was out bowled for 72 by one of my [rather good] u14 boys [Dan Lloyd].
Both have moved on; Dan was 12thy for Worcester 2nds the other week - at u16 he is one for the future - watch this space.

We also had Chris [Buck] Rogers playing for us 11 years ago before he became a regular 1st class pro and subsequent international - top bloke [for an Aussie] too.

My brother lives in Wellington.

Useless bit of info for you.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
An over rate of 13 is frankly an absolute disgrace. In football, it would be a red card, and perhaps rules need to be applied whereby the captain is warned, then removed from play for say 10 overs or something, then perhaps we'd see them getting their team shifting along a bit. With only 5 wickets in the day, how can we only be at 71 overs at 5.20pm!? Taking the pish.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The 2nd new ball is due.

England 294-5 (80 overs)

Joe Root 85* (163) Matt Prior 47* (75)

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Love to see a sportsman firmly prove his doubters wrong. Matty has turned this day around along with Root. Hope Rooney can do the same on Saturday!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
An over rate of 13 is frankly an absolute disgrace. In football, it would be a red card, and perhaps rules need to be applied whereby the captain is warned, then removed from play for say 10 overs or something, then perhaps we'd see them getting their team shifting along a bit. With only 5 wickets in the day, how can we only be at 71 overs at 5.20pm!? Taking the pish.

I prefer the idea of adding penalty runs at the close based on ave run rate for the day multiplied by the number of overs under-bowled.
They're still playing so the numbers used below are for illustration only.
Currently 314 off 84 overs is a 3.74 run rate.
If play stopped now, this would be 6 overs short of the required 90, so [6 x 3.74] will add 23 runs to the overnight score.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
341/5 Root ton up

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Superb partnership from 2 players fighting for their places. Confident running, positive batting from a really dodgy position for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here