[Cricket] England v South Africa- Fourth Test- Johannesburg, Jan 24-28 2020

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Match fine and de-merit point for Stokes, off for bad light

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think England have edged the day as they have runs on the board. With everyone making contributions on this tour confidence in the camp should be high.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has that been confirmed?

Not yet, Rabada was advised around an hour into the next day's play for his.

Buttler was fined for swearing, cannot see any other conclusion.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought I heard the C-bomb! Depends what the person in the crowd was doing but Stokes is an idol to a lot of young cricketers now, needs to be careful reacting like that, everyone is human but that seemed a bit OTT

He does. But young cricketers will also know that stuff like this happens. Sometimes, if it is unprovoked, a player will react.

Stokes is a top bloke who has to put up with a lot of unnecessary shite.

If I was in his position, and I'm quite passive, I'm sure I would have reacted now and then.

There's banter and there's outright abuse. The majority of any fault is with the originator.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't understand. The last 100 opening partnership had one of the batsman out on 49.

Please explain.

Also intrigued to know the explanation!

I think it is as simple as just 3 minutes after you posted about 2 England openers getting 50's, Sibley got out. Nothing sinister.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think it is as simple as just 3 minutes after you posted about 2 England openers getting 50's, Sibley got out. Nothing sinister.

Oh, if it's that then hands up. I think it happened even sooner. Just after I pressed enter. I best not take up commentary.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Oh, if it's that then hands up. I think it happened even sooner. Just after I pressed enter. I best not take up commentary.

it's inevitable

I did similar suggesting Denly could be the third England player in as many tests to get a maiden ton after he'd survived a couple of half chances.

Mind you, he could still do it in the second innings .......... oops.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Day 2 and a 45 minute delayed start

England 208/4

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very poor from Root, before 50 he looks untouchable, as soon as he gets there he seems to lose all focus.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
On a side note, the South African coach, the ex spinner Paul Harris is only just 41. He looks to have had a hard life

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
300 up by Lunch, guessing a wicket will fall on resumption in traditional manner and then it will be over rather fast. 320-325 ao?

I'm off to do the weekly shop, bet the Saffers will be batting when I get back...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Buttler c Elgar b Philander. That dismissal has the whiff of Edwardian playboy about it. 309-8.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here