Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v South Africa- Fourth Test- Johannesburg, Jan 24-28 2020

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Highveld summer weather is very localised.
Can be raining and yet sunny 1km away - so difficult to predict.
Forecast to stop raining in about 30 mins but then start again at 3pm, with over 80% chance of rain through to midday Saturday when drops to 20%.

I remember watching a test at the Wanderers circa 2011, and every day at 2 the skies darkened, the players went off and it chucked it down for an hour. We'd retire to the pub, get back at about 4 and play had resumed in bright sunshine.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
CricInfo

11.35am "The hessian sheet is going back on," is the latest from George. "It can be used to draw out moisture or retain it. I wouldn't read much into it. Covers not coming back on. It's cold, but brighter. Inspection at 12"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sounds like Archer's injured himself in the warm-ups, receiving some consolation pats on the back and looking gutted while being comforted by Broad and Root

[TWEET]1220655860248141824[/TWEET]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I guess that’s what overbowling a young player at such a high level does, England management of Archer since his introduction has been really disappointing IMO

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Phil salt now on bt sport

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I guess that’s what overbowling a young player at such a high level does, England management of Archer since his introduction has been really disappointing IMO

Perhaps they should let him leave the tour and return to get himself comnpletely fit for next season rather than try to rush him through.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looks like 1 change, Woakes for Bess

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bat or Bowl is a real tough call, this pitch is a really zippy one But I wouldn’t fancy batting last on this, if the pitch behaves as it normally does and cracks up. Feel like you get more control of the game batting first, particularly in a game that could be heavily rain affected.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That shouldnt weaken us as at least Woakes has shown that he can bat unlike Bess who we were told can but hasnt shown it yet.

Scored 50 on debut at Lord's

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Umpires :clap:

Sibley plays a terrible shot and get caught, umpire spots the no ball instantly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whisper it quietly, but Root might have just made the right decision on the toss :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For once we can legitimately say "Crawley's looking good". Maiden 50.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OK, we're not facing Pattison, Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood, but I think England have uncovered some very good young openers. It's brilliant to see the old fashioned virtues. Stokes, Buttler etc have got to be thinking, that by the time, they get in, the bowlers might have bowled between 60 and 100 overs. That would be an appetising prospect. It's certainly better than 25-3, which is what they've been coming in for for the last few years.

Burns doesn't automatically get back in for me. Denly should do alright in Sri Lanka, but he is the one at risk for next summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here