Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v ROI

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A slightly dissapointing performance from England against a spirited ROI side. Only a friendly so nothing to get too excited or downbeat about and now it's on to the main event, pitting our wits against the SAMBA FLAIR of the magicians from Brazil.

:ohmy:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I remember we played USA in Boston in 1993, a few months before the World Cup in 1994, as "preparation" for that tournament. We lost 2-0, then didn't make the tournament anyhow.

I can see the same happening with Brazil.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How can you be so confident? Three of our last four games are against Poland, Ukraine and Montenegro - all teams we have already played and failed to beat in this group. Ukraine still have six points to bank in two games against San Marino and Poland have one game against them, whereas we have none. I think we are right up against it. Ukraine away has the potential to be a defeat, and then it all comes down to the last two games and we'll probably have to win both (Poland and Montenegro). Would you seriously back this England team to do that?

Yes.

But then we all know what will happen when we get to the tournament.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
do i not like that
We are bang average. Capable of qualifying or missing out. Yesterday we learned nothing, except that we are still incapable of retaining the ball against even worse teams to the level required of a serious contender.

Oh, and we can be fairly sure we also have no top quality strikers any more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. How long does Rooney have to play at a level somewhere between terrible and average for England and United before he is binned? Or is Hodgson so blinded by his reputation that he's going to dismiss all the evidence that suggests he's a slow, overweight turd and continue to play him in every match for the next five years?
Wayne Rooney is a busted flush and has been for years. Still capable of playing well in a good team but only in fits and starts.

I still can't believe Ferguson re-signed him when he threatened to move to Citeh, but obviously he saw the light this season when United won the league at a canter and barely played him through the second half of the season.

The England band should be forcibly removed from every England game. It's utter dirge, 90 minutes of the same 3 tunes, and I use the term "tunes" loosely.

I'm sure it has zero bearing on the result but it just makes watching a poor England team worse. They are the ONLY reason I will not EVER go back to Wembley to watch another England game.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
During the game I thought we had at least moved on from the Milner, Downing , Henderson lot that belong nowhere near an international team.

Then he brings Milner on for 5 minutes! What for, so he can add another undeserved cap to his cabinet?

Mr Average who would get nowhere near the Germany 8th team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Roy Hodgson has claimed England played like Borussia Dortmund last night. Ill have a pint of what he drank please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here