• Italy Win 90 mins

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Italy Win AET

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hopefully,we can now lay to rest the claim that we have any world class players. Especially Rooney, epic fail.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
AS long as we are producing players that are afraid to keep hold of the ball we will always struggle internationally. Poyet's vision is the way forward.

someone like Brendon Rogers, Poyet etc would do a damn site better revolutionising our game from top to bottom, we're not going to get better unless the structure changes from the bottom. This is where Germany were 10 years ago and they transformed their game

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
someone like Brendon Rogers, Poyet etc would do a damn site better revolutionising our game from top to bottom, we're not going to get better unless the structure changes from the bottom. This is where Germany were 10 years ago and they transformed their game

I am very interested in this. What exactly did the Germans do to reconfigure their national game after their humiliation at Euro 2000?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hodgson will be good for England I'm certain of that. He achieved as much as he could in this tournament by playing to the limited strengths we do possess and creating an organised side which collectively was better than the individual parts. The problem is seeing where the technically competent players are going to come from in the short to medium term but that isn't his fault - he will work well with Brooking and the FA to change things but it's a long journey.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Quite a few of Swansea City's players are English, some Swansea players had a higher completed passing rate than Barcelona players especially Leon Britton, maybe Roy missed a trick there?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Thank you. I have just finished reading it now. A brilliant article.

it is, but it also makes depressing reading, don't think the old heads in the FA have the vision to do similar, we are going to perenial also rans, playing an out of date brand of football. Even the Russians play a better brand than us, don't want to knock Hodgson as he can only deal with what he has, but I just hope that finally someone follows the German model and radically tries to transform our game. Brightons and and Swanseas formation is the same as Germanys, fluid 4-2-3-1. its the way forward. Flat 4-4-2 is outdated

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am very interested in this. What exactly did the Germans do to reconfigure their national game after their humiliation at Euro 2000?

Quite a lot. I'll post some links tomorrow.

But we will never be able to emulate it because we have three different organisations (Prem, Football League and FA) with different agendas and all pulling coaching in different directions and we are averse to long term planning. First and foremost though, the Budesliga work WITH their national association and the vast majority of German teams in Bundesliga 1 and 2 try to play football.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All throughout this tournament I have been so so about it all but thought once the cut and thrust of the knockout stages began I thought I would be as passionate as I usually am about my country. I wasn't,t though. I,m actually relieved that we are out. I have not enjoyed any of our performances and we haven,t really deserved to win any of them. (well maybe at a pinch Sweden ) we have been dead lucky to have got as far as we have. Same old same old.

Carroll actually made me laugh tonight at times so not all was bad.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Hopefully,we can now lay to rest the claim that we have any world class players. Especially Rooney, epic fail.

Joe Hart is world class, so is Ashley Cole

They have rebuilt everything from top to bottom

there youth teams are brilliant

that said Serbia at youth level are scary

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
AwOBvjjCMAEdP_7.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here