Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England V Iran

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
On paper a good team but I think we are carrying Srerling and Maguire...Sterling can find form again, not so sure about Magoo.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
On paper a good team but I think we are carrying Srerling and Maguire...Sterling can find form again, not so sure about Magoo.

Maguire, can't even make a failing Manure team. Our CB's nowhere near the squad, JOKE

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Narrative is overly negative about Sterling - he's not had a great season by his standards yet is still Chelsea's top scorer (whilst being played at LWB, clearly not his position, good old Potter).

Mount meanwhile gets off scot-free with no criticism despite contributing very little of note this season.

Similar debates around Sterling prior to the Euros - he was then England's best player.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Seems Saka is starting, which is great

Mount and Maguire inline to start as well, which is less great
nothing wrong with Mount , at least starting him would show an attacking intent and lets face it , with slab head and skeletor at cb we need to concentrate on winning 7-3 today........not that im bothered , in the slightest.....at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have heard that Kane has bottled wearing the protest armband. Hugely Disappointing if true.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You'd imagine he felt he had a point to prove during his time with us, but he didn't seem to get round to it!
Without wishing to jinx it, the fact that he's in the team, tells you something about the quality of Iran.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have heard that Kane has bottled wearing the protest armband. Hugely Disappointing if true.
What's disappointing, although not unsurprising, is FIFA's stance.

The risk of a yellow card for Kane, before a ball has even been kicked, is too great.

Additionally with the Netherlands, the nation behind the One Love armband, already declaring they had backtracked and won't wear it, I'd be surprised if any country will be seen in it now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

But unfair on Kane - FIFA have said there will be game sanctions (ie yellow cards) if they wear them - it’s ridiculous that they can get yellows issued for kit non-compliance, it’s usually a fine. Several European teams involved and they have issued a joint statement.

Well done to Alex Scott for overtly wearing it in front of the camera.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here