[Cricket] *** England v India *** 2nd Spicy Test at Lords 17th -21st SS2 11am

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh dear, here we go...

SD Robson c Dhoni b Kumar 17

31/2

You can bet your bottom dollar that if India get us to something like 145/7 as we had them, we won't get anywhere near 300

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's a cracking pitch, really good match. India getting the ball in good areas, but areas you can score off. Just need to get the shine of this cherry and someone to dig in here.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The difference - India are bowling disciplined and to a plan. England's batting just can't help itself playing at balls they should be leaving.

We let them have about 100 too many on first innings through ill-disciplined bowling.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right, Ian Bell. No pressure, but ALL the pressure is on you now for a big score. C'mon fella.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Cook - :lolol::lolol::lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh dear, here we go...

31/2

You can bet your bottom dollar that if India get us to something like 145/7 as we had them, we won't get anywhere near 300

I wouldn't bet any dollar. India's recent record of bowling our tail out cheaply is poor, to say the least!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cook worries me, he looks ill. He needs someone to put him out of his misery and let him go back to County Cricket and regain his confidence.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Oh dear, here we go...

31/2

Come come have you forgotten about our fine batsmen Jimmy Anderson.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh FFS, have we got to rely on the tail AGAIN?

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
Cook worries me, he looks ill. He needs someone to put him out of his misery and let him go back to County Cricket and regain his confidence.

Absolutely this. We are ruining a world class batsmen with the burdens of captaincy. He cleary won't admit it himself so it needs to be done for him. Remember he's only 29 and still has many years as a test batsmen ahead but he needs to be removed as captain to acheive it. The argument that there's no viable alternative is just plain ridiculous purely as a reason to continue with Cook. In all seriousness would Broad be any worse? Or even someone like Morgan, who at least has captained the one day side?
Rant over. I just feel that the upshot of the current situation is that England have neither a captain nor a world class opening batsmen.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Avoided the follow-on :clap2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe we've even got to look at an experienced county captain like Chris Read who would have the respect to come straight into the job. Drop Prior and Cook, get an experienced opener in the side. Australia went with the 35 yr old Chris Rogers and it really worked for them. We obsess too much about age sometimes I think.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Maybe we've even got to look at an experienced county captain like Chris Read who would have the respect to come straight into the job. Drop Prior and Cook, get an experienced opener in the side. Australia went with the 35 yr old Chris Rogers and it really worked for them. We obsess too much about age sometimes I think.

I agree the age thing is an issue we obsess about. I really like the idea of having an old pro mentoring a new captain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here