Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Siddle has looked an awful lot better than any of the other bowlers. Starc really does look complete toilet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He seems like he has very little skill and tries to make up for it with effort and hard work, which is not something I admire in any sportsman.

Err, you're a big fan of David Beckham, aren't you? I can't think of someone more suited to the above in terms of getting WAY beyond his abilities via hard work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, and these two are showing what a mess the top of the order have made of things, most of whom got settled in before being removed with shit shots.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One thing is for sure - anyone (myself included) who bet on anyone other than Siddle to be top wicket-taker in the series, isn't looking too clever.

Swann and Anderson, however brilliantly they bowl, will have to share the Australia wickets, whereas Siddle seems to have zero competition within his own attack.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Err, you're a big fan of David Beckham, aren't you? I can't think of someone more suited to the above in terms of getting WAY beyond his abilities via hard work.

There are more holes in CB's arguments than my best bed vest. I've yet to come across anyone who speaks with equal stupidity on so many subjects.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Behave! I can't think of many more players with better technique than DB7.

At freekicks - yes, world class. That is literally IT though pretty much, his overall technique is nothing to write home about. He is a PERFECT example of someone who has made the VERY most of their ability through hard work, professionalism and graft. A real Peter Siddle of a player, you could say.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is BATFLIDDERY at its finest

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
looks like we are in a war now for sure. I thought we had the edge in batting and bowling but not today with the bat for sure, we are going to have to bowl extraordinarily well in order to get even a draw from this match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here