Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How do you know he wasn't born with natural talent?

No way. DB7's passing was out of this world. In fact, there is very little he couldn't do. Quite simply THE star of English football in my lifetime.

His passing is similar to Gerrard's.

Err what? He has VERY few attributes. Slow, not particularly good at heading, scores rarely from open play for an attacking player, not particularly skilful, doesn't dribble.

Brilliant at free kicks and crosses, not bad at passing but WAY too ambitious.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why don't you just ignore all the wickets he took. Then his figures would be really shit.

Very good point but you are flailing away with your fists at the slightly simple chap who's been itching for a fight outside the Pink Coconut, I'm the mate who tells you to "leave it, he ain't worth it", and in this case, he really isn't: it's just the usual oddball self-hating slagging of teams he'd claim to support. Dull.

Meanwhile, England really are batting crap and Bumble is still a very, very annoying commentator: unfunny and unintelligent. With 1-2 exceptions, anyone on this thread could do a better job than him.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
How do you know he wasn't born with natural talent?

He was born with athletic ability, the rest came through very hard work. This is by his own admission and those who know him best, such as his father who got him kicking balls through car tyres hung in the garden for hours on end as a kid. Thought you knew all about him?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only TINY bonus is that Anderson and Finn will get a fair few overs at the Aussies this evening.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So I'm wrong to slag off a team I support, then in the next sentence you admit that very team "really are batting crap". You couldn't make it up!

You do it pretty much all the time. I don't, except when it's as true, as it is today. That's the difference. Please, do at least try to keep up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I like that from Finn

Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish, BAM (when they least expect it)

Then BAM again!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
FUDGING HELL !!!!!! we fight on ! 2 down !

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here