hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
trott gifted his wicket away chasing a wide and edge it onto his stumps
cook edge a wide one
kp gave away his wicket

To say that of Cook is fair, because of the match situation at the time - the ball was swinging, and it was early on. Trott, well set, is fully entitled to drive at a loose ball - he just mistimed it. He probably hit half a dozen similar balls through the covers, and nobody was posting that he shouldn't have played at those.

KP's wasn't a particularly loose or extravagant shot either. I wouldn't say he was guilty of 'giving his wicket away'.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
To say that of Cook is fair, because of the match situation at the time - the ball was swinging, and it was early on. Trott, well set, is fully entitled to drive at a loose ball - he just mistimed it. He probably hit half a dozen similar balls through the covers, and nobody was posting that he shouldn't have played at those.

KP's wasn't a particularly loose or extravagant shot either. I wouldn't say he was guilty of 'giving his wicket away'.
okay mate

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't mean to pick you up in particular, mark, it just annoys me, that EVERY time any batsman gets out to a ball that wasn't going to hit the stumps, somebody claims that 'he didn't need to play at that' (ignoring that they've applauded when the batsman has hit identical balls for four earlier). If batsman defended every straight ball, and left alone everything wide, the score would be 0-0 at the end of the day!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh FFS! When are umpires going to grow some balls and start telling wicket keepers to sod off when they appeal for a ridiculous stumping claim like that without running off to review it. We had it all through the Champions Trophy, and now we're getting it here.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bugger! Before the toss this morning I was really hoping to see England bowl today, simply because I prefer watching that and I'm WFH today. Now however, I really hope I DON'T get to see us bowl today, although I'm fearing I might :eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everytime I look at the BBC Ashes live page, I cause a wicket, as I just did.

I'll prove it, by posting here before I go for an update.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That's a cheap dig at Matt Prior on Cricinfo
"Matt Prior is of course as good as a top six batsman. "

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oh dear. Dreadful shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports