Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly. It’s a shame that people who want to discuss cricket can’t because of one uneducated attention seeker.l.

Nobody is stopping or saying the knowledgeable ones shouldn't discuss the game but that still doesn't preclude somebody else expressing an opinion and if you don't agree either argue the point or ignore it and move on to those that are up to your level of knowledge.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not just a cheat, a massive BOTTLER.

That's a joke btw..... Before someone thinks I'm BG.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nobody is stopping or saying the knowledgeable ones shouldn't discuss the game but that still doesn't preclude somebody else expressing an opinion and if you don't agree either argue the point or ignore it and move on to those that are up to your level of knowledge.

so is thunderbolt correct in thinking that you only pretend to be ignorant of all these various subjects to wind people up and amuse yourself?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
so is thunderbolt correct in thinking that you only pretend to be ignorant of all these various subjects to wind people up and amuse yourself?
Well she didn't exactly say that. More that he IS ignorant of the subject in hand but posts his ignorance for amusement and [emoji476].

And I think she's correct.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I post what I think and obviously not something that I know to be wrong. If it is different to the usual, so be it. Smith has gone to 46 and you now expect him to get past 50 and reach his century and Australia's hopes rest with him and somebody staying with him. With all of our batsmen Root included, now that Cook has retired, you hope that somebody will score a century. That is the difference.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Smith just looks like nothing troubles him at the moment. I would say if England get him early tomorrow the match is won. Another ton plus from him, and I can see the Aussies skittling England out in a pressure run chase on a wearing pitch.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I post what I think and obviously not something that I know to be wrong. If it is different to the usual, so be it. Smith has gone to 46 and you now expect him to get past 50 and reach his century and Australia's hopes rest with him and somebody staying with him. With all of our batsmen Root included, now that Cook has retired, you hope that somebody will score a century.

Somebody never made the squad, however, Rory Burns scored a century !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So why not just use the ignore function and chill?
I don't use the ignore function for anyone. If someone spouts nonsense, I prefer to see their crap challenged. I am chilled, I just choose to disagree with posts that I think are bullsh*t.

Or do you enjoy the hunt?
Nope. See above.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It’s been a gripping opening Test. My only gripe is TMS. They seem to think that talking sH*t about what they’ve done in their lives is more important than the cricket. They’re are not up with the action. Talk Sport the real shite station had better Test coverage. Not impressed at all excepting Glenn McGrath and Maxwell.

Whatever the outcome here I’m looking forward to Joffrey playing at Lords.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Smith just looks like nothing troubles him at the moment. I would say if England get him early tomorrow the match is won. Another ton plus from him, and I can see the Aussies skittling England out in a pressure run chase on a wearing pitch.

Think it’s us v him. Keep him quite, and we’ll win. Not going to plan so far. :)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I post what I think and obviously not something that I know to be wrong. If it is different to the usual, so be it. Smith has gone to 46 and you now expect him to get past 50 and reach his century and Australia's hopes rest with him and somebody staying with him. With all of our batsmen Root included, now that Cook has retired, you hope that somebody will score a century. That is the difference.

70,000 fishing trips to annoy people and pass your days, you sir, need a hobby like no man on earth

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Essentially 34-3, you’d make us quite big favourites even with Smith well set... tomorrow is a new day, have to try and get him early or hope the batting folds around him again like last time, he reminds me of how important Cook was to us circa 2011 when he just wouldn’t get out, whilst he is there he inspires others around him even the tail as the first innings showed, if he gets out I think they could fold fairly quickly, he just looks imperviable at the moment, he’s a moron for what he did but fair play he is an out and out world class player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here