Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you’re going to continually post uninformed drivel to the extent it dilutes the quality of the thread then expect some criticism.

By BG’s admittance he doesn’t know much about cricket, I don’t know a lot about F1 so I wouldn’t continually post tripe day in day out.

It’s not exclusively cricket either.

Boxing - he’s gone on for years about how bad Fury is and how good Joshua is.

Running thread he starts saying that somebody told him some half marathons measure 10k.

I wouldn’t mind but his tone is that of an expert. He adds so little to these threads. That being said he makes me laugh so it’s not all doom and gloom.

It's designed to make people laugh. That's why he does it. :fishing:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not really. @BG is relentlessly negative and/or pessimistic about England cricket on here.....from an admitted position of knowing sweet FA or thereabouts

Maybe so.
Do we see a campaign from posters about the constantly negative posters about the Albion?

It just seems that once BG posts something incorrect or perhaps without any factual knowledge, it's open season, where as others don't get this response.
FWIW I know little about cricket from playing but a little from watching but still think we will not win this series until we can find a way to get Smith out cheaply.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Maybe so.
Do we see a campaign from posters about the constantly negative posters about the Albion?

It just seems that once BG posts something incorrect or perhaps without any factual knowledge, it's open season, where as others don't get this response.
FWIW I know little about cricket from playing but a little from watching but still think we will not win this series until we can find a way to get Smith out cheaply.

have you read any reaction to [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] since chrissy was binned off?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not convinced. [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] is obviously a wind-up merchant and, for me, he’s the best poster on this site, so I’ve nothing against wind-ups.

Crodo's wind ups are obvious. BG's are more subtle, but in a sledgehammer sort of way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The picking on BG is common throughout NSC and is frankly, a bit childish an boring.
You find that childish and boring, whilst I find his drivel childish and boring.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
His sense of humour, yes.

he comes across more as someone who is self important and lacks imagination with which to entertain themselves;
certainly not attempting to amuse others, just himself, maybe, but that doesn't make it right

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
BG is the best fisherman on Nsc, and deliberately posts accordingly. It's a sport to him.

He has said many a time, he can give as good as he takes.

Indeed. It's standard. He certainly doesn't need any defence that he's being "bullied". Far from it!

He posts a deliberately inflammatory comment, sounding as he if is The Oracle on the subject. Then sits back and watches everyone calling him a **** before coming back with "but it's just an opinion".

Whatever floats yer boat.

But on the cricket threads it IS actually annoying as it's usually people who actually follow cricket, are or have been heavily involved in clubs and know what they're on about who post. Cricket needs sensible, knowledgeable debate and usually gets it.

It's like the bumbling rugby idiot walking into a pub full of football fans and spouting off about how "these are all shit and not a patch on that bloke with the bald head that I remember, can't remember his name, but he was good in my day".

I guess BG realises this and that's why the cricket threads are one of his favourite fishing grounds.

Don't get wound up by him, you have been trawled. Don't apologise for him or think he's being bullied, you've fallen face first into the NET.

Apart from the cricket threads or when he's being clearly sexist etc I have zero problem with BG btw.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. It's standard. He certainly doesn't need any defence that he's being "bullied". Far from it!

He posts a deliberately inflammatory comment, sounding as he if is The Oracle on the subject. Then sits back and watches everyone calling him a **** before coming back with "but it's just an opinion".

Whatever floats yer boat.

But on the cricket threads it IS actually annoying as it's usually people who actually follow cricket, are or have been heavily involved in clubs and know what they're on about who post. Cricket needs sensible, knowledgeable debate and usually gets it.

It's like the bumbling rugby idiot walking into a pub full of football fans and spouting off about how "these are all shit and not a patch on that bloke with the bald head that I remember, can't remember his name, but he was good in my day".

I guess BG realises this and that's why the cricket threads are one of his favourite fishing grounds.

Don't get wound up by him, you have been trawled. Don't apologise for him or think he's being bullied, you've fallen face first into the NET.

Apart from the cricket threads or when he's being clearly sexist etc I have zero problem with BG btw.

Summed up very well.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Anyway. Before he wins another thread (which he will think he has) back to the cricket......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here