Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Seems madness we risked Anderson given he missed the Ireland game with this calf problem. He tore it on 02 July, he's 37, injuries simply don't heal up as quick as a decade before. I was sure he wouldn't make this test.

This is a 5 day Aussie test match and he's lasted 4 overs. Has he kept it to himself that it would be fine? Have the medical staff missed it in fitness tests? 4 weeks seems a very short amount of time to be cleared for a 5 day test match. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but can't help think someone should have made the tough call on this one.

He was supposedly fit but rested as a precaution against Ireland. He should have played that game to test out his calf

Jimmy Grimble

Well those of you who think Smith/Warner deserve nothing, you’ll be pleased to know the Hollies stand gave them nothing but shit all day. But yes, let the blokes who premeditated tampering with a ball just waltz back into test cricket as if nothing happened.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Yesterday was a little disappointing, granted, but today I have woken up with much optimism.

We lost the toss, it looks a decent batting wicket with good carry, we lost our main bowler but still kept them to less than 300 and didn't lose a wicket last night.

If we can bat for the whole day today, blunt their 3 quicks, with the batsmen we have at our disposal, we'll be taking a lead into tomorrow. Lets do this England!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Given the fragility of our batting line up and having to bat last I am surprised to see We are odds on favourites still to win the test. I've gone LARGE on Australia at 11/8.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anderson up and running in the outfield this morning. Doesn't mean he is anywhere near fit to bowl yet of course, but a good sign nonetheless :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it me or is Sky insanely biased toward the Australians?

I turn on this morning and it's a feature on Steve Smith. Not one question about sandpapering cricket balls.

This wouldn't happen in Australia, they would be solely focused on their team. What are Sky proposing during the Ashes for us? Raking over the Pietersen Saga, feat. Piers Morgan, great, what a boast.

I'm sick of how accommodating we are being. The Australians perfected arrogant superiority going well over the acceptable line for over 2 decades. The whole 'baggy green' we do everything better, blah blah blah and they get caught cheating and after a year, we're supposed to be all forgiving and accommodating "why are people booing Smith's century" – do people have no idea how they've been over there in the past? And Sky then put on a feature on Smith on the 2nd day of the first Ashes test of the series. **** off Sky. Just **** off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I turn on this morning and it's a feature on Steve Smith. Not one question about sandpapering cricket balls.

This wouldn't happen in Australia, they would be solely focused on their team. What are Sky proposing during the Ashes for us? Raking over the Pietersen Saga, feat. Piers Morgan, great, what a boast.

I'm sick of how accommodating we are being. The Australians perfected arrogant superiority going well over the acceptable line for over 2 decades. The whole 'baggy green' we do everything better, blah blah blah and they get caught cheating and after a year, we're supposed to be all forgiving and accommodating "why are people booing Smith's century" – do people have no idea how they've been over there in the past? And Sky then put on a feature on Smith on the 2nd day of the first Ashes test of the series. **** off Sky. Just **** off.

I thought pretty much the same thing during the World Cup and Sky's love-in with India.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Isnt Sky owned by an Australian Rupert Murdoch so understandably biased towards them to keep 'the boss' happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here