Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England tonight

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is what I find strange, Budapest (Hungary in general) is great very friendly much easier going than Prague or any of the old Soviet block countries so I find the football crowds go against the grain of normal Magyr behaviour, that said not visited since the new right wing government.

As a holiday destination it's wonderful get down to Lake Balaton for your cheap as chips white wine.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Football fans aren't necessarily indicative of an entire population. I sure there are people who visit England for a holiday and then go home and say "Blimey, I used to think the English were all coked-up, drunken, boorish yobs, but actually most of them are quite pleasant."

EDIT: I see Neville's Breakfast beat me to it and made a similar point.

Last edited:

SAC

May 21, 2014
Didn't watch the game last night. Despite the Euros 'success', which I watched the Semi's and Final, I still can't get over the years of under performing, over hyped, pathetic football.

Suppose it will take me some time to adjust that England can be anything else but a disappointing watch.

I can't understand this, if you support a football club you do so through thick and thin. You seem to have watched through the thin years and given up when England at their most successful for over fifty years. We may not have the best players in the world, or the best manager, but combined they have been mainly entertaining to watch and always seem to play at their best when they come together.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Shaw plays for England and Man Ure, Robertson for Scotland and Liverpool. :shrug:

So comparison of Shaw to Robertson and Tierney completely superfluous to raising a question as to how Shaw gets in the England team. Glad we got to the bottom of that then. :)

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Racism is big business in this country .

If the media hadn’t got on this today then most people would of moved on .

It will prob stay in the media and people will be outraged for a few more days yet .

By Sunday it will be onto the next thing

Like you say , football was the main thing and England were fantastic . What a side we have at the moment .

How are people making money out of it ?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Can you tell me how much money it makes in comparison to the Premier League?

Does the Premier League actually make any money?

Genuine question, but doesn’t it all go out of the door with most clubs financed by owners struggling to make any kind of profit? The PL has a huge turnover, but it’s like a giant laundering operation, money comes in in huge sums but even more seems to go out. I don’t know, just throwing it out there, just seems like the biggest loss maker spun into money maker??

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Fantastic performance - proving why we’ve not lost in so long and why we did so well in the last 2 majors - this team is phenomenal - get in :clap2: Clearly one of the worlds best teams now - no question.

Frustrating we played so negatively in the Euros final with this team.

And didn't start Grealish.

If Gareth has more confidence in this team we can go far in the World Cup.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So comparison of Shaw to Robertson and Tierney completely superfluous to raising a question as to how Shaw gets in the England team then. Glad we got to the bottom of that then. :)

Indeed, it appears that other home nations, maybe of lesser reputation, are blessed with far more talent in that position. We even have a superior option at Chelsea yet Southgate knows best.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does the Premier League actually make any money?

Genuine question, but doesn’t it all go out of the door with most clubs financed by owners struggling to make any kind of profit? The PL has a huge turnover, but it’s like a giant laundering operation, money comes in in huge sums but even more seems to go out. I don’t know, just throwing it out there, just seems like the biggest loss maker spun into money maker??

I'm sure there's a DULLARD who would know, The turnover is absolutely enormous

You've totally missed the point though. If "racism is a big business" what's its profit and turnover?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Indeed, it appears that other home nations, maybe of lesser reputation, are blessed with far more talent in that position. We even have a superior option at Chelsea yet Southgate knows best.

You are talking about Luke Shaw who was voted as the Premier League left back of the year and also player of the year for Man U?

That Luke Shaw?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When England players took the knee I notice it wasn't a brief one, trolling the crowd from the start. Then smashed them off the park, great night...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Didn't watch the game last night. Despite the Euros 'success', which I watched the Semi's and Final, I still can't get over the years of under performing, over hyped, pathetic football.

Suppose it will take me some time to adjust that England can be anything else but a disappointing watch.

I can't understand this, if you support a football club you do so through thick and thin. You seem to have watched through the thin years and given up when England at their most successful for over fifty years. We may not have the best players in the world, or the best manager, but combined they have been mainly entertaining to watch and always seem to play at their best when they come together.

I think the thing is, it's not a 'football club'. Yes - we support a club through thick and thin, but I too have trouble getting excited about England now - whereas it used to take equal billing. I enjoyed the Euro's and cheered the goals, but didn't get all nervous and so on as I would have done if it had been the Albion in a final. Indeed, I was more nervous defending the lead at Burnley than I was when England were defending one-goal leads. I didn't even know England were playing last night until we turned the telly on at 8.00 to see if there was anything worth watching.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Think you're missing out at the moment. Easily one of the best England teams we've seen in a long long time.

This really does have the potential to be our golden generation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would like to see an England team walk off the pitch when this nonsense happens.

No-one should have to put up with being racially abused while playing football. Taking a stand and walking off would force toothless Eufa and FIFA to actually do something.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In Hungary it's led by the Government. I know what you mean because I work with Romanians and they are fantastic people to a man and woman - absolutely lovely. I also work with a Hungarian ex-pat who left precisely because "the fascists have taken over" and feels a lot more comfortable over here. This is EXACTLY why we need to keep fighting racism and extremism. This cannot be allowed to happen in our great country.

Anyway, great performance by England, particularly in the second half. Made Hungary look shit but I agree with Roy Keane when he said that was down to the way we played.

I can see why I always got on so well with you. Someone who loves old Blighty but knows how dumb nationalistic attitudes are and realises how other peoples enrich our lives.

I would have been happy to vote 'leave' if we could have kept free movement. I really feel it's a shame we can't offer opportunity to European workers now, or indeed give our population a chance to go and live in other cultures. I've never actually met a Hungarian. It's true.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Can you tell me who is in the racism business just to make money

nigel-farage-thumbs-up-1478250289-list-handheld-0.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here