Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England Squad announcement shortly

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
This is just typical of Southgate’s ‘selection by numbers’ approach or put it another way, the Garth Crooks philosophy.

Essentially stick to players from the biggest clubs even if they are playing dogshit and god don’t risk your reputation by taking a risk on a new player.

Following Southgate and England is about as stimulating as visiting a petrol station…

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As someone who couldn't contain my indifference about England and international football, I say great news because March can concentrate on the Albion :thumbsup:

However, I feel a bit for sorry for him (as I have done for Dunk) as he is in the form of his life and it would have been recognised for that on a bigger stage.
Although it could be argued that playing for the Albion in European football is a bigger stage than internationals for England.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
who are you dropping from these for March out of interest ?

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford).
Grealish is the obvious answer. Being picked on name alone. He has only three goals for Man City this season. He can only play on the left, where he should be being picked behind Rashford and Foden. Saka should start on the right and March would offer back up there, but could also play on the left if needed and give defensive cover on either side if the game demands it. March's goal last night gives him 7 goals in the EPL so far this season. This already surpasses Grealish's best ever return in a full league season, back when he was playing very well for Villa and Southgate was taking an age to call him up.

Toney should be nowhere near that squad. He shouldn't even be playing for Brentford at the moment. I'm not clear why there has been such a delay in his hearing when he has already admitted to many of the charges.

We know that, whatever the circumstances, he will always pick Maguire and never pick Dunk, so that comes as no surprise. Guehi and Dier instead of Tomori is just crazy.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Fair enough. So you'd have not played Bissouma for Brighton when he was being investigated.
Toney is not 'under investigation'. He has admitted to 'many' of the charges.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Toney is not 'under investigation'. He has admitted to 'many' of the charges.

I know.

I'd still pick him

I was talking about KW when saying under investigation. I'd also pick him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
‘Petty bollocks’

Wasting a generational talent midfield and forward line by continually bottling big games and picking donkeys at the back.

And continually the same muppets tell us this clown has done a good job when he can’t identity talent at perceived lower clubs and every time we play someone on our level, Southgate is found wanting.

Kalvin Phillips still in the squad, unbelievable, it’s so patently obvious he has favourites, Dunk could score 57 goals this season and keep 38 clean sheets in a row and he still wouldn’t get picked.
Yes. Petty Bollocks.

Southgate only picks players from his old clubs.

Southgate is a palace wanker.

I'm going to support team a/b/c because southgate is a prick.

Petty. Bollocks.

Oh yes, and things like:

every time we play someone on our level, Southgate is found wanting.

Trouble with that one is they're only our level when we lose.

:)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
200.gif

Someone help Gareth out please.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Southgate has no plan - he is just so short sighted.
Makes gifted players look ordinary.
And surely in a squad system it would be better to have a player that can play left back, left wing back, left winger, no 10 and right wing / attack.
But no hey let’s put our Harry, Phillips, Mount, et al in front of March
When you look at the difference between De Zerbi and Southgate it’s just really embarrassing.
England will never ever get anywhere with him as manager - negative - old fashioned thinker - always very predictable.
Pathetic!

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Im sorry for Solly and Lewis but I'm really happy for us. The last thing we need with our fixture list in the last two months is risk of injury with International teams. Also looking at the list I'm struggling to see any howlers other than maybe Dier that Lewis is obviously a shoe in for, and really not sure who you seriously drop for Solly.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yes. Petty Bollocks.

Southgate only picks players from his old clubs.

Southgate is a palace wanker.

I'm going to support team a/b/c because southgate is a prick.

Petty. Bollocks.

Oh yes, and things like:

every time we play someone on our level, Southgate is found wanting.

Trouble with that one is they're only our level when we lose.

:)
You tell me what possible reason there is for the continual picking or Dier, Phillips etc… the later has played under a match worth of league football all season.

Every time we play someone better or equal we lose, Southgate is good at getting England to beat average/minnow teams but is a woeful manager when it matters.

Argue against facts, we’ve lost to Croatia, Italy and France in the last 3 major tournaments, we lost the nations league semi final and during the 3 major tournaments the only team we’ve beaten who you would regard as anything close to England is a very poor German side.

Southgate managerial CV is appalling, he’s in the England job because he’s a happy clappy FA yes man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here