Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Stones I understand. But slab head? Can see him gifting Italy the win.
I actually do hope he does. Southgate drives me round the frigging bend. Dunk MOM gets a reward of being dropped. Oarlocks to England and come on Italy, please just stuff us. I never thought I’d ever want to see England lose let alone support their opponents

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nobody is surprised, but really we should be.

The highest rated player in the last 2 England games, the player of the match and best player on pitch in last game, is dropped for a crap out of form bench warmer.

I cannot wait until Southgate buggers off, he's tactically inept and he's the biggest hindrance to Dunk.

He picks some players out of misplaced loyalty or what they did 4 years ago and not on form or current performances.

"It doesn't matter how well you play for club or country, or how poorly Maguire does, he's in, always and you're not"

G Southgate (or it may as well be)
If LD goes the Euro’s he will spend the time training and not playing. The first decent team England face will knock them out as Southgate gets undone by every top class coach/side he’s ever faced in a knockout game. He will probably play Bellingham out of position to accommodate one of his golden oldies he’s that stupid and arrogant.
People will argue although I saw it as Croatia tactically he got that all wrong second half.
Italy negative tactics blew a glorious chance of winning silverware. Kane touched the ball about three times in the Italian box if I remember.
France WC England looked like a plucky championship side against a PL side in the FA cup embarrassment.
Being half German I don’t really care what England do although I have no idea why the FA didn’t boot him out after the last WC and let someone else win with the golden crop of players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Phillips, Maguire and Stones.

Southgate is a spaz. Hope we lose and Southgate gets sacked
f***ing Phillips? I missed that. Stones is OK, but those other two? f*** me.

I'm surprised he hasn't put Charlie Austin up front.

(Can we have Maguire off at half time with us 0-1 down owing to a slab-head moment of will-to-live-ending clod-hoppery, then bring Dunk on and win 2-1?)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Phillips is a lucky boy to be starting and doubly lucky that Maguire is in the team to take all the flak that might have otherwise come his way.
2. I hope this is an indicator Hendo is on the way out. There was a time not so long ago when he would have started this game.
3. Does anyone else think Trippier at left- back is a good idea? Not for me Clive. Disaster waiting to happen with Slabhead alongside him. Dunk and Colwill was the way to go.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Actually quite happy Dunk not starting. Need him ready for City on Saturday.
Also, would be very happy if Gross sits on the bench for Germany in the early morning as well.
As for Maguire, it is perverse that he thinks by going against popular opinion he is taking tough decisions. It is clear as per Henderson and Phillips Southgate is mistaking what loyalty is. Loyalty would have been quietly suggesting to Maguire in the Summer he should find a club who would play him and give him chance to prove he is worthy of a place in the England squad.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
f***ing Phillips? I missed that. Stones is OK, but those other two? f*** me.

I'm surprised he hasn't put Charlie Austin up front.

(Can we have Maguire off at half time with us 0-1 down owing to a slab-head moment of will-to-live-ending clod-hoppery, then bring Dunk on and win 2-1?)
Nah, bollox, enough is enough. Let’s get stuffed. 3 or4 nil to Italy would be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here