Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A home game against a team that had lost 2 in a row vs a euros qualifier away to a team 90% of the stadium are cheering on as well as everything else that goes with the Ukraine ?

Totally different level I’m afraid
It is a totally different level - Newcastle would batter Ukraine.

And this is not a high pressure game for England, it should be a walk in the park. Even if we lose, qualification should be easy.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
50+ caps. World Cup semi, euros final.

Experienced
Who has played how many minutes of competitive football this season? We know he can do it but that was when he was starting regularly. He going to have questionable fitness and no match sharpness. This is not about Maguire though, this is about a manager who hasn’t a clue. if it goes pear shaped and Maguire is at fault or has a bad game then Maguire’s season is toast. Southgate however will move on using words like unlucky, undeserved, come back stronger.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A helped the national team and coach win f*** all.

Terrible analogy. Dunk was part of a team that couldn’t win the championship by needing 1 point from a final 3 games.

And captained a team that lost to a woeful Man Utd at a semi cup final ?!

So if that’s the barometer your using, Dunk is not a ‘winner’ per-se

And this is not a high pressure game for England, it should be a walk in the park. Even if we lose, qualification should be easy.

Doubtful given they have a player RDZ described as a future Balon Dor winner and a CB worth £40M+

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

We should walk this. At least three and a clean sheet.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Terrible analogy. Dunk was part of a team that couldn’t win the championship by needing 1 point from a final 3 games.

Doubtful given they have a player RDZ described as a future Balon Dor winner and a CB worth £40M+
And ignored. What an arse.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Who has played how many minutes of competitive football this season? We know he can do it but that was when he was starting regularly. He going to have questionable fitness and no match sharpness. This is not about Maguire though, this is about a manager who hasn’t a clue. if it goes pear shaped and Maguire is at fault or has a bad game then Maguire’s season is toast. Southgate however will move on using words like unlucky, undeserved, come back stronger.
And still pick him for the next qualifier

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Can you imagine if Southgate was BHA manager....no Caicedo, no Sanchez, no Enciso, no Ayari, no Buonanotte, no Van Hecke, no Adingra....probably no Mitoma. The guy has the pick of the best English talent in generations, and we have Maguire and Henderson starting. And Kalvin Philips on the bench - the bloke who's started TWO whole league games in the last year.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd like to see Henderson boo-ed every time he touches the ball.
He plays in a joke league. Why on earth is Gareth still picking him? Gareth normally only picks Big Six players and those for teams he has played for (Villa and Palace etc), he is breaking one of his own rules for a mate.

As for bloody Slabhead, he could be sitting on the bench in League 2 and still get picked.

I don’t support England but I’m still angry about Dunk being overlooked, it’s a shoddy way to treat him. At his age, you play him or leave him out, don’t waste his time when he could have been working with De Zerbi and our squad preparing for Manure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

No it's not. We have had some of our best players ever available in the history of football and completely failed. Southgate and Maquire are part of the problem not the solution

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

As is that tbh. We lost that because of goalkeeping errors and CH not keeping the team focussed.

that’s one player ffs and the operative word is future.

You do not pick a player who hasn’t played any meaningful football in a World Cup qualifier. we’ve tried it in the past and it‘s always ended badly …

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
BBC have got their silly rating thing up already and slabhead has the lowest rating (under 4/10)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here