[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess there’s only me and @Sheebo left but I’m English and I support the national team. I don’t just suddenly start my interest when they get to the quarter finals of a big tournament and all my mates are suddenly off to the pub, faces painted. I want us to win qualifiers and friendlies too. I’ve got mates who follow England everywhere, a mate who lost an eye in Turkey following England.

I watched us under Hyypia, Case, Hinshlewood. Hopeless coaches selecting hopeless players. At no point did I post “come on Barnet / Port Vale / Blackpool you can beat this shit”.

I’m sure you’ll get loads of trendy likes, but ultimately devoting yourself to a club cause beyond your own nationality and culture leads to where Newcastle fans were last night, decked in Saudi shirts and cheering on bloodthirsty princes.
Big difference between following the Albion and following England imo. I don’t care that much about England, if they lose it’s annoying but I’m over it in minutes. If Albion lose it ruins my weekend or a few days afterwards if midweek.

My take on England vs Scotland is that I hope England win if Dunk plays, if he doesn’t I’m a Scotland fan for the night purely because Wee Billy plays for them.

I make no apologies for it and I admire the fanatical support you and Sheebo have for England though. I used to be a massive England fan, I’ve seen us win a World Cup but I am so anti Waistcoat man that anything that shortens his tenure is a plus for me :shrug:

You won’t be surprised to know that if GP got the England job I’d be quite enthusiastic again :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess there’s only me and @Sheebo left but I’m English and I support the national team. I don’t just suddenly start my interest when they get to the quarter finals of a big tournament and all my mates are suddenly off to the pub, faces painted. I want us to win qualifiers and friendlies too. I’ve got mates who follow England everywhere, a mate who lost an eye in Turkey following England.

I watched us under Hyypia, Case, Hinshlewood. Hopeless coaches selecting hopeless players. At no point did I post “come on Barnet / Port Vale / Blackpool you can beat this shit”.

I’m sure you’ll get loads of trendy likes, but ultimately devoting yourself to a club cause beyond your own nationality and culture leads to where Newcastle fans were last night, decked in Saudi shirts and cheering on bloodthirsty princes.
I’m with you and still support England but I want Southgate out. It’s embarrassing. He couldn’t manage a tea party.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why to some on hear think he is some sort of palace fan ?

He was born in Watford played more games Aston Villa and Middlesbrough than he did for palace, then managed the later, I’ve never really seen much of a connection other than playing 150 odd games for palace, it’s not like he watches palace on his Saturdays off.

I don’t know any palace fans who hold him up as some sort of palace legend, a good player but that’s about it ?
He blatantly ignores Brighton players.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where is Dunks lack of experience... Dunk has been playing against some of the best attacking players the world has to offer, week in week out,.... rarely getting bested, he has years of experience....

International football and the pressure with it is something else

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oh well zero interest in the England game now! Do find international breaks so tedious!
Yeah nice hot day, few beers, was already for Dunk. I’ll get the BBQ on early, wonder if you gets on at all

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
International football and the pressure with it is something else
I would argue playing against Newcastle last weekend was way more pressure than playing against Ukraine this afternoon.

picking a player who has bugger all minutes this season, over players who have and at the highest level is just insulting.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would argue playing against Newcastle last weekend was way more pressure than playing against Ukraine this afternoon.

picking a player who has bugger all minutes this season, over players who have and at the highest level is just insulting.

A home game against a team that had lost 2 in a row vs a euros qualifier away to a team 90% of the stadium are cheering on as well as everything else that goes with the Ukraine ?

Totally different level I’m afraid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports