Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad announced today

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My thoughts on the Sterling of it all is two fold. One, he didn't have a great year last year, is it possible that starting this season moderately well isn't enough to show that is behind him. It's been three matches, and the only one his team won was against Luton. And how many comments about how underwhelming Chelsea's performances have been have we seen in the matchday threads?

Two, that people view as him playing well because of those runs he goes on where he takes on a few people to get into a dangerous position. These are exciting from a fan point of view, but they haven't really produced the goods in way of goals (Luton aside). And there is an inherent selfishness to such performances. I don't view Southgate's England team as a 'get it to the star player and ride his coattails' team. But Sterling, like Grealish, play that 'I want to run everything' kind of football that can unbalance a team if you're not of that mindset (in the way that Villa were when they had Grealish).

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Johnston over Nick Pope

Philips and Henderson over Ward-Prowse

Maguire over Konsa, Kilman, White Ect

I've completely lost patience with Southgate now, the man is a joke
You took your time.
Great news for Lewis, really pleased fir him. Hope he gets another cap now.
Fully agreed.
hendo over JWP is hilarious. Seriously. How?
Because the waistcoatwanker has trust issues.
I'm staggered by this Kalvin Phillips situation. Since doing his hamstring on 5th December 2021 the bloke has only played 1,188 minutes for Leeds and Man City. That's just over 13 matches of football.

He's only started 2 Prem matches for City and that was because they were resting players before the FA Cup and Champions League Finals. Just 593 mins for City in all competitions in total, over £9 million earned in salary so £15,322 per minute played.
Logically yes, but this is the waistcoatwanker are talking about. He's a massive helmet and no mistake.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
My thoughts on the Sterling of it all is two fold. One, he didn't have a great year last year, is it possible that starting this season moderately well isn't enough to show that is behind him. It's been three matches, and the only one his team won was against Luton. And how many comments about how underwhelming Chelsea's performances have been have we seen in the matchday threads?

Two, that people view as him playing well because of those runs he goes on where he takes on a few people to get into a dangerous position. These are exciting from a fan point of view, but they haven't really produced the goods in way of goals (Luton aside). And there is an inherent selfishness to such performances. I don't view Southgate's England team as a 'get it to the star player and ride his coattails' team. But Sterling, like Grealish, play that 'I want to run everything' kind of football that can unbalance a team if you're not of that mindset (in the way that Villa were when they had Grealish).

This is all reasonable and if it's any other manager correct.

Sterling missed the last two squads due to injury, so this is the first one he's been dropped for

But Southgate can't claim to drop a player on form and call up ramsdale over pope then have Maguire/Henderson/Phillips/Rashford in it.

Someone pointed out this is a squad of a manger on his last legs, I think he will start losing some of the players soon

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
lineup.png

What say you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Disappointing to see Lewis joking with that Guehi palace lad 🙁

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here