England - press reporting 6 changes vs Slovakia

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Although Clyne was excellent Walker is a more powerful footballer and he's in the form of his life. I fancy he'd have torn that left back a new one tonight. We'll never know now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need Kane to come good and oh for a natural winger other than Sterling.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
But for a 92nd minute winner from Sturridge against Wales, England would now be on their way home again. No need to make that many changes, wins breed confidence, half a dozen changes was way too many. You won't see anybody making that many changes unless they've already won their group.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Big mistake leaving him out, god knows why

Because he's run himself into the ground, twice in a week, and they thought they could drop in a quality replacement and save his legs for the next game? Clyde was decent anyway - he wasn't the problem tonight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody's mentioned Bertrand, but zero crosses, he committed three fouls before the inevitable yellow and looked pretty ordinary. Rose is a far better player.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Neither Wilshere nor Bertrand were great.

they were the only worse players really, and even then Bertand didnt seem to get the ball much or didnt get into the overlap thing. Wilshere was definatly a poorer, am im a big fan, was giving the ball away too much, and probably shouldnt have gone on lack of fitness.

to add, Henderson is no Alli replacment obviously, but played OK if faded.

end of day the changes didnt cause the draw, the better forwards started and we played well just couldnt work through the bus.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I trust all those desperate for Vardy and Sturridge to play are satisfied. Both absolutely shithouse.
Not much wrong with Vardy in the first half to be fair. Barely touched it in the second, and should have gone off much earlier. I thought Henderson, Wilshire and Bertrand were all particularly pony.

The sad thing is that as a result, we are probably going to have to put up with more of Sterling's clueless wastefulness in our remaining two games.

As for Sturridge, I thought he looked threatening. I don't think he's the problem. Well not until next game when he shows everyone he's made of Weetabix once again.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not much wrong with Vardy in the first half to be fair.

Apart from wasting the one clear chance of the match. Smashing a one on one straight at the keeper, in the style of Craig Mackail Smith?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apart from wasting the one clear chance of the match. Smashing a one on one straight at the keeper, in the style of Craig Mackail Smith?
Yes, apart from that. Poor finish, but he didn't do anything different from what he's been doing all season. You know, when his goals have been a key reason he's won the league title.

He also worked his nuts off, created space for others and tracked back.

Second half he was gash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports