Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england player ratings

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
bit unfair on Wilshire also. He is also not fully fit yet, as Arsne keeps banging on about and I thought he put in a decent shift.

Walker was ok, but presumably the Liverpool full back Johnson is the first choice.

I woudl have had agbonlahor and Zaha on the bench....that would have at least given us some pace ...if Milner is the answer, the Woy is asking the bloody wrong question.

Thought the ref did well as I would have sent Hart off in teh first minute!

Milner is a funny one, isn't he?

If I remember correctly, he moved for £24m. I remember us playing Villa in the cup when Milner was on FIRE. They brought him on for the injured Albrighton (I may be wrong there) and everyone (around where I was watching) were panicking. He was THAT feared at that point.

Now, he seems to have lost his attacking prowess. However he is still LOVED by managers. His defensive work is second to none (which is basically why he was picked) but he's lost that attacking ability that he was feared for at Villa during his hot spell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Walker was our weakest link against the pub team on Friday night, so that's two games on the trot he's been poor. Rather have Johnson ... but even he isn't International class.
We have a problem at right back.
I thought Ashley Cole played well last night, and we've got good alternatives too.
We don't have a problem at left back.

Cahill did have a good game by Cahill standards, but let's be honest, he's not International class. Miller made him look like a Sunday league defender in the Scotland game.
Jagielka is steady ... but not good enough for international football either.
We have a problem at centre back.

Gerrard is still head and shoulders our best midfielder, but he draws his old age pension soon.
Lampard's legs are going, Wilshere seems unable to dominate, Carrick freezes in big matches, Cleverley runs around a lot, Milner is a workhorse who will never win matches for you, Ashley Young is so lacking in talent I'm embarrassed for him when he pulls on an England shirt......
We have a problem in Midfield.
Lambert is a makeweight who wouldn't even be near the squad if we had no injuries to other strikers, so he isn't even worth discussing.
Walcott flatters to deceive, he regularly looks like a match winner and so very rarely is. I would still persevere with him though, we're a bit short of better options.
The Ox is injury prone.
Sturridge is injury prone.
Welbeck lacks consistency, but that might be the Manager's fault because he plays him out of position.
Rooney is still our best hope ... and he hasn't performed well for a while.
We have a problem up front.

I regularly attend Wembley internationals and I've noticed the mexican wave is starting earlier and earlier in matches because of the type of plebs that now attend England games at Wembley. Clearly not football supporters, just people who go along for a laugh.
We have a problem with our support.

Apart from that everything is rosy and I can see no good reason not to be optimistic about our World Cup chances .........

You are saying that we DON'T have an issue with the KEEPERS, then...? :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here