Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England cricket

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Not sure if this excellent article has been mentioned, but worth a read.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...anagementare-nowhere-to-be-seen-10081402.html

The highlight for me...
"Failing those two, there is a well-stocked staff in the back room, many of whom with niche skills are employed to ensure that half a percentage point here and half a percentage point there is added in skill or awareness to England’s game. Unfortunately, this sort of arrangement is of little use when the team are around 10 per cent off the pace in the areas that initially matter, like batting and bowling."

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
If Australia have another washed out game, or slip up to in form Sri Lanka, Australia could play South Africa in the Quarter final.

If England beat Afghanistan and Bangladesh, They then have to beat India and probably Sri Lanka to make the final, where they will probably end up being thrashed by Australia.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Despite having Irish, Scottish and French ancestry I'm English, I always support England in every sport. But ....... there's a part of me, a rather large part of me if I'm honest, that hopes we lose to Bangladesh. (And yes, I hate it when people say they want Brighton to lose for some imagined greater good). Also I shall be half-supporting Afghanistan when we play them. We all know the tournament was skewed so the big teams would all reach the QFs, and if we scrape in and get thrashed people will still try and put a positive spin on it: "Well we reached quarter-finals which was broadly in line with our expectations. No need for real change."

And like others I really don't see how four-day tests and a 20/20 franchise tournament is going to make us bat and bowl better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here