Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England centre backs

Will Dunk or Webster play in one of the Nation's League matches?

• Just Dunk

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Just Webster

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Both

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 67 73.6%

• Total voters

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Unless Dunk was going to be a starter (and it's highly unlikely that a player goes straight in when they haven't been involved), I don't think there's a chance he would be picked. He'd only have maybe one more tournament in him and Southgate would rather pick a younger player to fill the bench.

Webster might have a small chance if his form keeps up and others continue to be shit.

I imagine White will be in the squad.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Dunk and Webster are likely 10th in the picking order. We had the 6th least goals conceded last year & have the least so far this year and they still won't be looked at.

Southgate is an awful manager, who cares anymore

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Hope they both stay out of the squad

As a lifelong (ahem) supporter of Ecuador I 'd not be happy not to see one of our rivals strengthened.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunk and Webster are likely 10th in the picking order. We had the 6th least goals conceded last year & have the least so far this year and they still won't be looked at.

Southgate is an awful manager, who cares anymore

He is, if he picks Dunk or Webster I’d have to give a shit about England, which I really struggle to do at the moment.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We REALLY need to get over this one :lolol:

We should, but surely you can acknowledge it is beyond utterly farcical now? Statistically one of the best defences in the Prem for the last 3 years now, currently the best this season, chock full of talented English defenders. Not a single sniff.

It’s ludicrous.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We should, but surely you can acknowledge it is beyond utterly farcical now? Statistically one of the best defences in the Prem for the last 3 years now, currently the best this season, chock full of talented English defenders. Not a single sniff.

It’s ludicrous.

After tonight I’m not sure there’s a fan in the country who could make a case for either Dunk or Webster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was in the Dunk's time has past camp but with Maguire and Mings not playing and Lewis's fine form, I'm not so sure.

Webster was reportedly under consideration before his last injury so there's certainly no reason to think he's not in with a shout.

What about after tonight? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dunk maybe, but Webster no. He has about three solid mistakes in him per game.

That’s an exaggeration regarding Webster. And Dunk is joint second in EPL og table :shrug:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If both were playing for England, you would be very concerned on the quality of the squad. Think they lack pace to be considered but also,

Dunk gets owned every time Mitrovic plays against him.

Webster doesn’t have a clue how to pass within 10 yards.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m not going to change my mind that they should both be in the England squad after ONE poor performance against a top, top striker.

Has no one else seen Maguire against Welbeck, White against Toney, Mings against everyone?

They’re both consistently very good as our defensive record shows, every player will have a bad game occassionally though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dunk is consistent , last night was a 1 off for him.

Webster isn't. He manages to make at least 3 absolute dog crap passes a game and often has at least 1 error in him. He's good for us but he isn't consistent enough to be international class.

Dunk should get another chance but that ship has sailed.

With my England head on , I'd be f kin worried with Webster at the back if he was playing at the World cup.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After tonight I’m not sure there’s a fan in the country who could make a case for either Dunk or Webster.

Oh come on, it was one game. They’ve both been performing to a much higher level than Mings or Coady for a long time now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

You never know if there's one or two fans in your country that feels one single game doesn't change everything.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You never know if there's one or two fans in your country that feels one single game doesn't change everything.

It's not one single game.

Webster isn't international class and Dunk was tried and dropped. Last night might have removed the blue and white specs from a few people and tipped a couple off their hobby horse.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's not one single game.

Webster isn't international class and Dunk was tried and dropped. Last night might have removed the blue and white specs from a few people and tipped a couple off their hobby horse.

Which five or six CBs would you bring to the World Cup?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Which five or six CBs would you bring to the World Cup?

Doesn't matter who I would. I'm not the coach.

Southgate will take Walker as a RB/CB option, Stones, Maguire (yes, really), White and a left footer, which will probably depend on who hits form. Maybe Tomori too.

I'd certainly take Tomori and Dier ahead of Webster and Dunk.

Edit - probably sacrilege on NSC but Guehi's probably ahead of them too.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here