Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Energy Suppliers?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Doesnt Matter which of the big 6 your with, pricing is all similar saving approx £5 a week maximum. SSE, EOn and BG are currently the top 3 ranked on customer service (depending on which survey you use). They're all the same in opinion, never had to move from mine, I pay by dd...as long as bill paid I'm happy

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ps: consumer focus are the people that carry weight with the energy suppliers fo customer satisfaction and who you can raise a complaint to

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I am with EON,for dual fuel and pay by direct debit and run my a/c online.
This seems to produce the best deal.
For what it is worth,I have always found them very helpful whenever I have ever rung up with a query and the info they provide online with your bill is also useful.
Oh yes,once one has provided meter readings online,they are quick and efficient to show you your updated a/c.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
For what it's worth I'm with Npower and haven't had an issue with them.

My partner used to work for EDF and the amount of money they burn on staff jollies is horrendous but I guess all the suppliers probably do that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For what it is worth,I have always found them very helpful whenever I have ever rung up with a query and the info they provide online with your bill is also useful.
Oh yes,once one has provided meter readings online,they are quick and efficient to show you your updated a/c.

I agree and haven't had any problems with Eon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Utility Warehouse :thumbsup:
All family and friends on it and saving money....... if interested in finding out more on my website let me know

Wouldn't recommend anybody get suckered into taking their broadband packages though, reliability & speed is dreadful.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Another EON customer here. I tend to tie in to new offers every now and again. Have recently fixed my rate for the next two winters. EON have a price promise not to raise their prices THIS YEAR. The others have raised their's by approx 9% this year, so you can bet your cotton socks that EON will do something similar in January. IF you want to fix with them. DO IT NOW!

Nice to see another Electric company, SSE's profits are up 38% this year. Privatisation has worked a treat hasn't it Maggie? It's just one big cartel!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The only way I can see to save money on energy it to use less of the stuff?

which is why they tax it more to increase the price. i'm pretty sure that energy prices have broadly gone up in line with inflation, until the last 5-6 years when the green taxes and subsidies for green supply have kicked in.

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
Have a look in the 'Which' magazine that will tell you who is best supplier!
We have no contract and if take 4 services which saves you more money,after a year you get 10% cash back on what energy you have used for that first year of which is already cheaper than the big 6.
Ive looked at all sorts of bills from BG,N Power,EDF EON etc and the billing is poor,expensive and customer service poor!!!!

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
Wouldn't recommend anybody get suckered into taking their broadband packages though, reliability & speed is dreadful.

I have no idea where you get that from as ive been on it for 4 years now and have loads of customers who do aswell! Ive never had a problem with speed or reliability! Even my girlfriend over in Northern Ireland is on it and doesnt have any issues as well as my other customers! If you say its that bad how come it is top and best buy in the Which magazine?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have a look in the 'Which' magazine that will tell you who is best supplier!
We have no contract and if take 4 services which saves you more money,after a year you get 10% cash back on what energy you have used for that first year of which is already cheaper than the big 6.
Ive looked at all sorts of bills from BG,N Power,EDF EON etc and the billing is poor,expensive and customer service poor!!!!

A friend of mine promotes Utility Warehouse, came to our house and worked it all out. We couldn't save a penny including the card with the 10% cash back.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Another EON customer here. I tend to tie in to new offers every now and again. Have recently fixed my rate for the next two winters. EON have a price promise not to raise their prices THIS YEAR. The others have raised their's by approx 9% this year, so you can bet your cotton socks that EON will do something similar in January. IF you want to fix with them. DO IT NOW!

Nice to see another Electric company, SSE's profits are up 38% this year. Privatisation has worked a treat hasn't it Maggie? It's just one big cartel!

Oh dear,not another dig at Maggie!
By the way,what type of service do you think you would have got if Maggie hadn't done this 'terrible' thing.............and what do you think the prices might be?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I left Marks & Spencer [Scottish & Southern] luckily before their recent huge increase, they had almost £400 of my cash [Dual Tariff] during the summer requested my direct debits be reduced by £20, they agreed on the phone but a letter informed me that Electricity had been reduced by £7 per month but no reduction for Gas.
Now with the Co-Op but check whether they are still competative.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I am one of/if not the heaviest user of gas on here, is any of the firms better for a big gas user? Thanks

Enquire with your supplier re: their business tariffs, may get better rate of VAT. This is dependent on level of usage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here