Energy Suppliers?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Good evening folks, I'm currently trying to organise my utility bills and hopefully I'll save a few quid in the process. I'm currently with EDF for our electricity and BG for the Gas. I'm guessing Duel Fuel tariffs are the way to go? Also am I better going for a variable or fixed rate deal? Any useful input would be much appreciated. Regards

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good evening folks, I'm currently trying to organise my utility bills and hopefully I'll save a few quid in the process. I'm currently with EDF for our electricity and BG for the Gas. I'm guessing Duel Fuel tariffs are the way to go? Also am I better going for a variable or fixed rate deal? Any useful input would be much appreciated. Regards

Do you remember the days when it was simple and cheap?

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
They are all bastards, but I found NPower very irritating, incompetent and borderline dishonest. I wouldn't recommend them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not being ignorant, just asking for some guidance. Sorry if this seems to have offended you in some way ??

Sorry. My comment was not aimed at you, more the rediculously complex and expensive system we have these days and which people need to seek help to find the lowest deal. I'm old enough to remember the days when you got your power from one provider and the provider had only one cheap tariff. I didn't mean my post to come across the way it did. Sorry and good luck.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry. My comment was not aimed at you, more the rediculously complex and expensive system we have these days and which people need to seek help to find the lowest deal. I'm old enough to remember the days when you got your power from one provider and the provider had only one cheap tariff. I didn't mean my post to come across the way it did. Sorry and good luck.

Ah, I'm with you now :thumbsup: I must say it seems desperate to seek advice from a collective of people I have never met, especially considering it's regarding something so fecking expensive.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We went through money saving expert and got a good deal with Scottish Power and a nice big sum as cashback.
It's helpful if you have some idea of your normal consumption, as different companies work out cheaper at different usage levels.
Good luck. It's a jungle out there!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

I'm with Edf for dual fuel DFP & I'm having trouble getting a reply out of the wankers. I've sent them 3 letters asking if they can explain certain aspects of their 'Charter', not having much success at the mo. The only problem is, on the compare websites, they still come out as the best deal for my needs. f***ed all ways really :) Lets face it, they are all thieving wankers!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
All robbing bastards - I've noticed Southern Water are at it now - Sent us a estimated bill for our water meter but haven actually stated how many units we have been charged for! Presumably so we can't check against the meter ourselves and they can get 6 months use of my hard earned wonga!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This, and possibly fraudulent bastards if today's news is correct.

I found it amusing that the power companies may have been manipulating the wholesale gas prices to their benefit and then later on the news the inflation figures were announced with a steeper than expected increase which doesn't bother the Government that much because the pension and benefits increase for 2013 is based on last month's figures.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I found it amusing that the power companies may have been manipulating the wholesale gas prices to their benefit and then later on the news the inflation figures were announced with a steeper than expected increase which doesn't bother the Government that much because the pension and benefits increase for 2013 is based on last month's figures.

We must look a right soft touch in the business world; banks and energy companies falsify prices and big companies pay f*** all corporation tax. Goes without saying if the little man fiddled his accounts or tax he'd be in trouble.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm with Edf for dual fuel DFP & I'm having trouble getting a reply out of the wankers. I've sent them 3 letters asking if they can explain certain aspects of their 'Charter', not having much success at the mo. The only problem is, on the compare websites, they still come out as the best deal for my needs. f***ed all ways really :) Lets face it, they are all thieving wankers!

Cheers, I'm with EDF for my leccy at the moment but probably won't stick with them.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I work for an energy broker, Utility Aid. And although we work with charities and commercial properties I do have quite a good idea about the area.

Firstly there is no one particuarly good supplier, the big 6 are all very similar and all vary as to who is the cheapest depending on your area and your usage.

I would say though that SSE do tend to have the best billing and customer service, with BG being by far the worst.(This is my personal view)

You will be best off going to a comparison website getting the cheapest price from there, then call up SSE(Southern Electric) and tell them this is the price you have been offered by ._____, can you beat it? They always will :)

Also try to lock in to a contract for as long as possible, can you really see energy prices falling anytime soon? I can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports