Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Enduring pop songs that have stood the test of time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, now you are talking, the great Dusty.
I found lovely song by her on You Tube yesterday I will put it up.
I hope you realise that my post was light hearted as I admire your knowledge of some very obscure and left field music.

:thumbsup: Cheers for that.

I love music, but I'm 'on the spectrum' so I often fail to realise that I need to wind my neck in a bit or it will put people off :whistle:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Admittedly, I really like all these, but equally feel they stand out as timeless, fresh and will be played on the radio for yonky donks to come.

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
This has become just a thread of songs people like rather than songs that seem genuinely timeless.

Just Can’t Get Enough is one of my favourite songs, but timeless? It couldn’t be more 1981 if it tried. It was out of date musically by 1984.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Fair enough @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=30583" target="_blank">RossyG</a></u> - I need to shut up anyway because I’ve clearly mucked something up on my IPad because I’ve got one of those Captcha puzzles on every song in this thread now so I don’t even know if this timeless/non-timeless pop song will work

No it doesn’t seem to have!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Seems to have worked as I could play the TRex video

Thanks for letting me know! It still shows Captcha on every post in the thread on my IPad so I thought it hadn’t loaded. I have no idea why or how to fix it - I’m probably below BG level on computer literacy! It’s the same on the What’s The Best Song thread. Oddly though away from NSC and just on YouTube all is fine!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
In the Air tonight -Phil Collins
It is 40 years old this year and has been number one in some country or other in every decade since its release.
It was quoted in the video for the song “Stan” by Eminen
Has created multiple urban legends speculating what it is about
Used in advert by Cadbury with a drumming gorilla
People were recreating the drum drop on tiktok last year using their kitchen cupboard doors.

Whether you like it or not it has stood the test of time

Phil is showing people how it should be done while dressed as a manger of a drive through.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Does this qualify?
And featuring Norman, of course.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here