Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Enduring pop songs that have stood the test of time

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
This has been on my spotify playlist for a few years. My kids have all independently told me they think its a great song, so given i was too young to remember it as a hit first time around I think it qualifies

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It could have been worse and you might have chosen Running In The Family! :( Big Level 42 fan and there's so much more to them including their early jazz funk stuff.

Big fan here too.
Agree their earlier stuff is special, especially where Wally Badarou is involved.
Linked with the likes of Herbie Hancock.......:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
everything by ABBA. i'll only post one though.

[yt]xFrGuyw1V8s[/yt]

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Big fan here too.
Agree their earlier stuff is special, especially where Wally Badarou is involved.
Linked with the likes of Herbie Hancock.......:)

Don't get me wrong they had to lean towards a more commercial sound and there career could have petered out if they had just tried to repeat the first two albums complete with a swath of instrumentals. However, I thought True Colours and Standing in The Light and towards the end Staring at The Sun had it just right.

Meant to be seeing them in Bexhill in October if that gig goes ahead which might be still be unlikely :(

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't get me wrong they had to lean towards a more commercial sound and there career could have petered out if they had just tried to repeat the first two albums complete with a swath of instrumentals. However, I thought True Colours and Standing in The Light and towards the end Staring at The Sun had it just right.

Meant to be seeing them in Bexhill in October if that gig goes ahead which might be still be unlikely :(

De La Warr ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here