Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Encouraging Transfer Development....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Upson will be a great and significant signing. The Albion's record after his arrival was superb defensively.

In 10 league games paired with Greer, Upson kepy six clean sheets. Seven in 12 if you include Play Offs.

El Abd and Greer managed six in 22 starts together last season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Upson will be a great and significant signing. The Albion's record after his arrival was superb defensively.

In 10 league games paired with Greer, Upson kepy six clean sheets. Seven in 12 if you include Play Offs.

El Abd and Greer managed six in 22 starts together last season.

How many clean sheets with upson & el abd?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Four in nine games paired together.

So not really different to Greer then on the basis it took upson a couple of games to settle. Think if upson does sign whoever partners him will be improved by playing along side him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Worry about the lack of pace with Greer and upson.

The stats don't support those concerns though. However, I do tend to think pace at full back is probably quite important if it is lacking in the centre.

With Bridcutt shielding the centre backs so well, they rarely have players running directly at them at pace.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The stats don't support those concerns though. However, I do tend to think pace at full back is probably quite important if it is lacking in the centre.

With Bridcutt shielding the centre backs so well, they rarely have players running directly at them at pace.

Christ on a bike to go along with you agreeing with me, I am now agreeing with you.

Think I will go for a lie down :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here