Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Encouraging Transfer Development....

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
The key word in said tweet is "encouraging" which basically means its merely an indication that something good may happen in the near future.

The fact that it's being saved for tomorrows back page is always a sign that it's not real 'news', any genuinely exciting development would be all over Twitter NOW

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If it's ...
Shorey – well, OK yes, decent enough but workmanlike rather than exciting.
Upson – most welcome. Gives us a decent chance of being as solid at the back as last season
Spanish Dave – Very good news. Quality passer. Great dead ball and nailed on penalties.
Vicente – Great if we can get him, but pay as you play please. Gamechanger if he gets played enough. And stays fit. Highly unlikely I reckon.
Benayoun – may be 33 but could be just the creative midfield stringpuller we need. And can finish. Bring him in.

Can't say I'd get as excited if it's Hammond on the way back, though. I think we can do better these days.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd be happy with Upson, and for that matter Shorey.

We came fourth last year, not 14th, so not much needs changing. If our manger had gone for it against Palace, we might have had the same result at St. Patricks Day. fine margins.

As for Spanish Dave, to be honest, would be pleased if he signs, but not overly fussed if he doesn't. He went missing in the play off games, although to be fair to him, so did all the Spanish boys. If he doesn't ' sign, it will mean we have someone better lined up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
These "see tomorrow's Argus" or "tune in to SkySportsNews" things bore me senseless.

Any truly worthwhile news is put out the second they know it, as they want desperately to scoop other agencies. If they ever say "in tomorrow's edition" or "see tonight's programme for more", it means it's just some old flannel designed to make you buy a copy/ tune in.

I remember the Seagull Line (35p a minute) used the same old trick, teasing you with the promise of "exciting transfer news" before launching into a review of the Reserve Team's draw at Peterborough last night and then, eight long minutes later, revealing that Kieron O'Regan has rejected a move to Brentford.

£2.80 and youre still bitter!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'll point out that Spanish Dave wouldnt be a transfer, but a signing. as would Upson. or Shorey or Benayoun mentioned.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Leicester signed him last close season from then 'non league' Fleetwood Town for £1m and it seems that he has not exactly set the heather on fire !

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
If it's that, I will see it as confirmation that Naylor gets his stories from NSC.

The Argus do, either directly or through a third party.

When the Argus wrote about Carles Planas and talked about him being linked with Brighton in the article below:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10519665.Shorey_s_Albion_trial_extended/

The only place they could have got it from was NSC as the story wasn't true and had been a fool played on me, which I posted to NSC and it was found nowhere else. The story then appeared on Football24/7 which quoted the Argus piece.

The internet age, eh !

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Last time Naylor started mentioning the next day's Argus. I bought it, and was not informed of anything new. So this time, I refuse to spend anything on the argus.

However, I do hope it mentions Spanish Dave and a new exciting Barcelona-esque player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
These "see tomorrow's Argus" or "tune in to SkySportsNews" things bore me senseless.

Any truly worthwhile news is put out the second they know it, as they want desperately to scoop other agencies. If they ever say "in tomorrow's edition" or "see tonight's programme for more", it means it's just some old flannel designed to make you buy a copy/ tune in.

I remember the Seagull Line (35p a minute) used the same old trick, teasing you with the promise of "exciting transfer news" before launching into a review of the Reserve Team's draw at Peterborough last night and then, eight long minutes later, revealing that Kieron O'Regan has rejected a move to Brentford.

Phonesex lines are the same :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here