Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emmanuel Ledesma on loan...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
For me this shows out ambition. We either go for a player not good enougn for another championship club or a lge 1 standerd one.
Although if he canot get into a championship rival team then he probably is lge 1 player anyway.

if were serious about getting to the prem we should be going for other teams stars.

and before you all say how are a team in a relegation going to atract these players....... we should of done this during the close season , when every one could se we were nocking on the door. 2 playoffs in 2 years,would sound like a great club to join.

Unfortunately, that time has passed . Sell ur best players and replace them with this lot. :thumbsup:

So this ! Derby ,having been mugged by QPR at Wembley picked themselves up ,dusted themselves down , and decided almost from the moment they lost ,that they have a go again . They spent the summer quietly working behind closed doors to improve on what they have had and have added during the season as and where needed but not extravegently. This added with a coach who is enjoying his role and is able to get the best out of not only young players but is prepared to take a punt on tried and tested older players via the loan system. The same can be said for Ipswich . Both clubs of a similar size to ourselves and not splashing bucket loads of cash , but have bought well and usued the loan system very well .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Basically a player who can't get into another championship squad - massively underwhelmed

Albeit the club that sit atop the Championship in fairness. We had quite a few good players who couldn't get games when we were a decent side and we were never genuine table toppers.

The fact that he has played a few games for Rotherham already is good, I didn't realise that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Every since Barber set foot into this club its been nothing but decline on the playing front. Wait till the end of the summer window? Well I waited and all that turned up was shite like Gary Gardner.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If as i believe,this player is not a gamer,but looking for a contract. He is the right age,scores the odd goal at this level,will tackle back and is not crocked or resting on distant memories ,and in budget !Seems OK to me.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Every since Barber set foot into this club its been nothing but decline on the playing front. Wait till the end of the summer window? Well I waited and all that turned up was shite like Gary Gardner.

Exactly - players that cant get a game anywhere else but good enough for us supposedly - another example of quantity over quality - lge1 here we come

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We are in a relegation battle and its good to see a new signing in an area that Chris wants to booster, look forward to seeing what impact he has on the side and our fortunes trying to score more goals.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So this ! Derby ,having been mugged by QPR at Wembley picked themselves up ,dusted themselves down , and decided almost from the moment they lost ,that they have a go again . They spent the summer quietly working behind closed doors to improve on what they have had and have added during the season as and where needed but not extravegently. This added with a coach who is enjoying his role and is able to get the best out of not only young players but is prepared to take a punt on tried and tested older players via the loan system. The same can be said for Ipswich . Both clubs of a similar size to ourselves and not splashing bucket loads of cash , but have bought well and usued the loan system very well .

You could say exactly the same about about Albion last season and how they responded to 2012/13. .

What about Boro ?
Just missed out on play offs in 11/12 (7th), then dusted themselves down and er, 16th in 2012/13. Another disappointing season in 2013/14 - only 12th.
And now er, top of the table. What lesson should we learn from that ?

PS: Are Derby and Ipswich really of a similar status to the Albion. Currently our crowds are similar but they've both had long periods in D1 / Prem League and actually won a few things.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Every since Barber set foot into this club its been nothing but decline on the playing front.

Barber joined in June 2012. At the end of his first season at the club Albion had the highest finish for over 30 years finishing 4th in the Championship. At the end of his 2nd season at the club we finished 6th and in the play-offs again. This season has been disappointing but I thought David Burke (sacked) was responsible for recruitment, Sami Hyppia (let go) coached and picked the team. Perhaps not.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You could say exactly the same about about Albion last season and how they responded to 2012/13. .

What about Boro ?
Just missed out on play offs in 11/12 (7th), then dusted themselves down and er, 16th in 2012/13. Another disappointing season in 2013/14 - only 12th.
And now er, top of the table. What lesson should we learn from that ?

PS: Are Derby and Ipswich really of a similar status to the Albion. Currently our crowds are similar but they've both had long periods in D1 / Prem League and actually won a few things.

I like your posts, but you are too relentlessly positive about B&HA. We're in a relegation battle. I think the reason for this is:
-- we've had four poor consecutive transfer windows
-- in the same period, we've had four different managers.
Unlike others, I don't want to claim the situation is relentlessly doom-laden, as there are no end of positive factors about the club. It's those above two points that we need to recognise are problematic. Hopefully, Hughton's arrival is a long-term appointment, and he'll provide stability in that area. The other thing that we need to hope for is staying in the Championship this season. If both materialise, then we really need to have one excellent transfer windows, and then careful overviews thereafter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like your posts, but you are too relentlessly positive about B&HA. We're in a relegation battle. I think the reason for this is:
-- we've had four poor consecutive transfer windows
-- in the same period, we've had four different managers.
Unlike others, I don't want to claim the situation is relentlessly doom-laden, as there are no end of positive factors about the club. It's those above two points that we need to recognise are problematic. Hopefully, Hughton's arrival is a long-term appointment, and he'll provide stability in that area. The other thing that we need to hope for is staying in the Championship this season. If both materialise, then we really need to have one excellent transfer windows, and then careful overviews thereafter.

Two teams in this division have had 4 managers this season, let alone over 4 transfer windows.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
So if you buy players who can't get into other championship teams you lack ambition?
Ok.
How many current Bournemouth players were surplus at championship clubs?
Elphick, Cook, Arter, Kermogant, Francis.......
On top of that unambitious Eddie Howe bought players horror of horrors from the lower divisions. Strewth!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I like your posts, but you are too relentlessly positive about B&HA.

Ha! appreciated. As for the positivity, you should see my gloomy face on far too many post Amex saturday nights this season pacing round the house with a thundercloud above my head...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So, he's got a bit of bottle, then?

Not condoning it, but can you imagine anyone in our midfield at the moment even saying boo to El-Abd, let alone two footing him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not condoning it, but can you imagine anyone in our midfield at the moment even saying boo to El-Abd, let alone two footing him.

not in the present squad no
but I bet Barnes would have given him a run for his money, and what ever you say some of the present lot could have learned from Barnes how to be testy,fiesty and just damn well hard to put down

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So if you buy players who can't get into other championship teams you lack ambition?
Ok.
How many current Bournemouth players were surplus at championship clubs?
Elphick, Cook, Arter, Kermogant, Francis.......
On top of that unambitious Eddie Howe bought players horror of horrors from the lower divisions. Strewth!

Can you imagine what Burnley fans must have thought in Jan '14, when Barnes came from Brighton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here