Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Very disappointed that we're letting PIG go. :-(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very disappointed that we're letting PIG go. :-(

Are we definitely not offering Kuszczak a contract then ? I thought it was more about him wanting to be a premier league player next year, and that we sadly can't offer him that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
6 caps for Italy, he could be very good in the Championship. I'd like Tommy K to stay, but let's face it we can find as good (or better) so any significant pay rise would not be worthwhile.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Let's blood the youth!

We paid enough for Walton from Plymouth! Time he was on the bench on a regular basis next season.
I see we have 3 DS Keepers in total. With one out of contract goalie gone (Brezovan), and the other two (Tomasz and Casper) out of contract also come June 30th, time to bring the DS Keeper section through en masse to the squad maybe? Or, would that be too much in one go?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are we definitely not offering Kuszczak a contract then ? I thought it was more about him wanting to be a premier league player next year, and that we sadly can't offer him that.

I guess we'll know in a few hours...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Let's blood the youth!

We paid enough for Walton from Plymouth! Time he was on the bench on a regular basis next season.
I see we have 3 DS Keepers in total. With one out of contract goalie gone (Brezovan), and the other two (Tomasz and Casper) out of contract also come June 30th, time to bring the DS Keeper section through en masse to the squad maybe? Or, would that be too much in one go?

If Tommy K is going, I would imagine Brez and Ankergrem might go as well. Walton would be no. 2 I guess next year

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
If Tommy K is going, I would imagine Brez and Ankergrem might go as well. Walton would be no. 2 I guess next year
Brez has gone according to reports yesterday.

Yes the absolute logical thing would be to have Walton as a backup to an established goalie, and learn the game from getting first-team experience.

Here's hoping the coaches have enough faith to give him that chance in 2014/15 :albion2:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Let's blood the youth!

Three keepers with no experience at this level? It would be somewhat concerning, although I assume Walton is good as he made it to England's U-19s.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not too sad at PIG going. Was a great keeper, but did make quite a few mistakes recently, and seemed to be very unfocussed, as well as issueing 'come and get me' interviews in the last couple of months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here