Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emil Holm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Swedish international 23-y-o right-back at Spezia, who have just been relegated from Serie A.

The Premier League also swoops over Emil Holm of La Spezia. After the interests in Italy of almost all the big names, from Atalanta to Napoli, passing through Inter and Juventus, the Swedish defender ends up in the crosshairs of England, where several teams would have been interested, including the West Ham champion in the Conference League and the Brighton of Roberto De Zerbi, always attentive to the Italian market.​

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Would be a coup if we could get this one over the line. In our price range though. Just got to beat off competition from Inter!

You've seen him play, I take it. Who would you compare him to? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Purely from the stats:
Very quick and very strong for position. 6ft 3 so is in the top percentiles for aerial challenges in that position.
Compares favourably to Inter's Dumfries- another tall, rangy attacking right back.
Plays very high up the field.
Appalling passing stats which must be down to Spezia's style of play more than anything else.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You've seen him play, I take it. Who would you compare him to? What are his strengths and weaknesses?
Only on YouTube! But if Inter and Juve are after him it suggests that he’s decent.
He seems to like a tackle and has a good engine on him. Gets some decent crosses in.
Our ‘interest’ suggests that Lamptey may be on his way, as rumoured previously.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Has been very quiet on the RB front... especially as it seems Lamptey is off. This is the sort of signing you'd expect.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
On sofa score he was their 13th best player last season. Ampadu was their best.

For comparison our defenders were rated:
Dunk 6.91
Pervis 6.89
Webster 6.87
Veltman 6.81
Lamptey 6.61

Screenshot_20230714-133705.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
La Spezia is a lovely place.
I got drunk in the local Communist Party HQ there in 1981, when I was serving on HMS Rothesay.

This is the extent of my knowledge on anything related to this thread.
That elevates you to the level of expert relative to the rest of us on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here