Emergency Loan

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
El-Abd will be back for Saturday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From what my son was told yesterday El Abd is out for a few weeks, recurring hamstring problem, Bridge indefinitely cartilage trouble and Painter a couple of weeks ankle ligaments. I am sure that Vincelot cannot be recalled until the loan is up at Christmas and although the loan window has closed there are provisions for an emergency loan if short of players so do we qualify under those terms with all of our injuries etc.

Dec 29, 2011
Why don't we play Elphick? Ohhhhh shit... Don't worry what about Cook, I'm sure can play CB. Oooops. Actually, maybe this would be a good time for Grant Hall to get a run out :facepalm:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
As I said elsewhere it seems Bridcutt started as a left back so could easily adapt. Think it would mean playing Crofts and Hammond but certainly feasible. Unfortunately after Charlton we've got some teams bang in form so gonna be difficult.

Dec 29, 2011
As I said elsewhere it seems Bridcutt started as a left back so could easily adapt. Think it would mean playing Crofts and Hammond but certainly feasible. Unfortunately after Charlton we've got some teams bang in form so gonna be difficult.

Bridcutt played LB and CB in his youth days at Chelsea, it's a bit of a step up changing to these positions after years of playing CDM and it being Championship level.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Our much vaunted defence was always one injury away from becoming far less vaunted. Now with ongoing injuries to Bridge and El Abd and Dunk and Caldereon not up to it we have real problems which could well result in a bad run. The margins are very slight in this division and without adequate cover at the back the balance could tip against us. I hope not but I can see a bad run of form ahead.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Bridcutt played LB and CB in his youth days at Chelsea, it's a bit of a step up changing to these positions after years of playing CDM and it being Championship level.

Fair point, but as Bridders said, playing the defensive midfield role came out of being a defender, so it won't be that alien to him. When I first thought about it, I thought that maybe the biggest issue would be missing him in the holding role, but I think also that he wouldn't be as attacking as Bridge, Calderon or Painter. I think he'd do a decent job there but we'd have to play a proper left-winger like Lua Lua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here