[Albion] Elvis Manu signs three-year deal from Feyenoord

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
According to my 11 year old who lives in Amsterdam and is a "soccer nut" (okay so his dad is American) Elvis is a bit of a maverick.
Intuitive player who may not always fit into a disciplined role.

Should be interesting ???

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Excited indeed. This is the best squad we have had during the Amex years.

Forwards

Baldock
COG
Elvis
KLL
Tomer
Zamora

I like it, a lot!

TNBA

TTF

Poyets still better IMO. Just look at our second 11 v Walsall, terrible side.

If you take position for position, but a forward and a loan attacker like tex would change that.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
According to my 11 year old who lives in Amsterdam and is a "soccer nut" (okay so his dad is American) Elvis is a bit of a maverick.
Intuitive player who may not always fit into a disciplined role.

Should be interesting ???
Maverick good, I like maverick! Had me thinking of a few over the years, Frank Worthington came to mind!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
blimey that was quick
well done the club :rock:
we are on our way
onwards and upwards

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
From the Argus:

Albion have completed the £1.5 million capture of Elvis Manu from Feyenoord.

The Dutch under-21 international has signed a three-year contract with the Seagulls.

Manu will be available for the first game after the international break at home to Hull on September 12, subject to international clearance.

Boss Chris Hughton is delighted with the club's ninth first team signing of the summer.

He said: "We are really pleased to have brought in another offensive option and what Elvis will bring us is a different type of striker, and also a player who has played in the wide areas.

"At 22 he is of a great age for further development and he comes to us with a very good pedigree, having come through the Feyenoord system - and he has represented Holland from under-16 to under-21 level."

Born to Ghanaian parents in Dordrecht, Manu progressed through the ranks at Feyenoord’s academy and subsequently scored his first goal for the first team in a 3-2 win at Heerenveen in May 2012.

He then had loan spells with Excelsior and SC Cambuur in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

Manu scored five goals in 15 Eredivisie appearances at Cambur.

Share article

He established himself at Feyenoord last season when he also announced himself on the European stage with a total of 14 goals in 37 outings in Eredivisie, the Champions League and Europa League.

Meanwhile, Albion have upped their offer for Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri to ten million dollars, it has been claimed over night in Argentina. Boca have requested the increased bid in writing.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I predict a new North stand song.... Elvis related,..get composing you songsters, I want to hear it at the Hull game....when I will abandon my WSU spot for the North stand for the first time.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
From the depths of despair, I'm now beginning to think we've got a squad that is capable of getting promoted this year. A big, big well done to the club. I shall be having a small wager on our promotion once I've checked the current odds. Consider me now in the positive camp in terms of my expectations for this season. What a great feeling after last year's disappointment.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the Argus:

Albion have completed the £1.5 million capture of Elvis Manu from Feyenoord.

The Dutch under-21 international has signed a three-year contract with the Seagulls.

Manu will be available for the first game after the international break at home to Hull on September 12, subject to international clearance.

Boss Chris Hughton is delighted with the club's ninth first team signing of the summer.

He said: "We are really pleased to have brought in another offensive option and what Elvis will bring us is a different type of striker, and also a player who has played in the wide areas.

"At 22 he is of a great age for further development and he comes to us with a very good pedigree, having come through the Feyenoord system - and he has represented Holland from under-16 to under-21 level."

Born to Ghanaian parents in Dordrecht, Manu progressed through the ranks at Feyenoord’s academy and subsequently scored his first goal for the first team in a 3-2 win at Heerenveen in May 2012.

He then had loan spells with Excelsior and SC Cambuur in 2012-13 and 2013-14.

Manu scored five goals in 15 Eredivisie appearances at Cambur.

Share article

He established himself at Feyenoord last season when he also announced himself on the European stage with a total of 14 goals in 37 outings in Eredivisie, the Champions League and Europa League.

Meanwhile, Albion have upped their offer for Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri to ten million dollars, it has been claimed over night in Argentina. Boca have requested the increased bid in writing.

Lol ..they didnt believe the verbal offer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports