Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett tweet

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As someone who recently went to a players sponsors' dinner, I would say the majority of the present players agree with Benno.

Well they werent going to call him a bellend whilst he's still their manager are they? Lopez hates Poyet as well according to NSC and following the Vicente interview i'm inclined to believe that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well they werent going to call him a bellend whilst he's still their manager are they? Lopez hates Poyet as well according to NSC and following the Vicente interview i'm inclined to believe that.

Ha ha, you believe what's on NSC?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah let's listen to the opinion of those players who failed miserably with us. I am sure they have wonderful memories of being on the bitter outskirts of bliss.

I wouldn't say Dobbie failed here, he was never offered a decent run in the team and has by all accounts been decent for Palace.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Sandaza anyone? People don't get on that's life. I imagine the majority of the squad would disagree with Vicente

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wouldn't say Dobbie failed here, he was never offered a decent run in the team and has by all accounts been decent for Palace.

From reading the BBS I'd say Palace fans are split down the middle on Dobbie, with a fair few comments saying what a lazy player he can be. I don't think many BHA fans can regard him as a great loss.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From reading the BBS I'd say Palace fans are split down the middle on Dobbie, with a fair few comments saying what a lazy player he can be. I don't think many BHA fans can regard him as a great loss.

Any Albion fan who went to Charlton away would agree on his laziness.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This. I think mot people know that Gus is finished here, so to cope with that, they find as many faults real & imagined as they can.

Quite right

This board has gone into meltdown based on very little actual infomation. We are spiraling around conjecture, hearsay and massive assumptions about what has gone on and who is at fault.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Quite right

This board has gone into meltdown based on very little actual infomation. We are spiraling around conjecture, hearsay and massive assumptions about what has gone on and who is at fault.

That's half the fun!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Quite right

See also the departure of Glenn Murray.

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012

The same Lopez that said a few weeks ago he wanted to stay here whether we got promoted or not?!?!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Undoubtedly things have changed, Poyet was far more grounded and humble when we were in league1

Benno never worked with the Gus we know today

This is very true, sadly.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The same Lopez that said a few weeks ago he wanted to stay here whether we got promoted or not?!?!

He loves the club, and I think likely our Spanish players quite like the City too. He could want to stay without finding the manager all that endearing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If only Gus was as enthusiastic about the Albion as this ex player seems to be. Regularly tweets good things and encouragement from what I have read.

Even when he wanted to go he had the class to see the season out and went with most fans blessing and thanks. Shame Gus didn't have the patience to wait for an offer from a club willing to pay the compensation. If he's as good as he thinks he is, this would have happened sooner rather than later surely?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Judging by this thread, I'm assuming that if anyone backs Gus then he would say that (insert reason ex player, wants Gus to sign him in his next job etc), while any ex player who criticises him, his word will be taken as gospel.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Vicente, this is the same player that spent 2 years criticising everyone at Valencia cause they couldn't get him playing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's almost as if players who were picked regularly liked Gus and players who weren't didn't

Do you think i may be onto something ??????????

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
It is clearly evident to me that Gus has changed drastically and not for the better either!

Everyone is saying look at what Benno and Tommy Elphick are saying about him - he can't have changed that much? Well look where they are now? Benno has been at Norwich for two season and Elphick had a horrific injury last season so never experienced the change Gus has clearly shown.

It seems that Gus is losing his man management skills and the dressing room in the process!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That's half the fun!

I see no fun in what has been happening but perhaps you are right... for some people the future of the Albion and its best interests are irrelevant provided we can have some fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here