Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett tweet

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I highly doubt a young player with a big career ahead of them would ever slag off a manager, Vicente has little to lose.

I'd be interested to know what Dicker and Painter might have to say. My guess is that their views would be different from Vicente's.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Vicente should be used to working with egomaniac control freaks, seeing as how he was managed at Valencia by Rafa Benitez!

So if Vicente was shocked by Gus' behaviour it says something about the levels it reached.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was only last August Tommy Elphick was praising Gus for his help through injury & advice on his future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd be interested to know what Dicker and Painter might have to say. My guess is that their views would be different from Vicente's.

I wonder what Dobbie (weird signing) and Harley (pursued for a year plus, eventually paid for then often ignored) have to say?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
So if Vicente was shocked by Gus' behaviour it says something about the levels it reached.

That's a possibility. His lack of action under Poyet compared to him being a fixture in Benitez's Valencia team back in the day may be another reason for him highlighting Poyet's less attractive personality traits and overlooking Benitez's.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is also probably a world between an Elliott Bennett Poyet and the 3 years later ego maniac Poyet.

Absolutely. Gus seems to have cracked under his own self-imposed pressure to manage in the premier league.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah let's listen to the opinion of those players who failed miserably with us. I am sure they have wonderful memories of being on the bitter outskirts of bliss.
Especially when it's the opinion of a player who slated his previous club.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yeah let's listen to the opinion of those players who failed miserably with us. I am sure they have wonderful memories of being on the bitter outskirts of bliss.

Yes, unfortunately there have been quite a few

ellisbhastroud

Feb 26, 2013
Elliott Bennett has just tweeted this

Hearing a lot of bad things about my former manager Gus Poyet, can only speak how I find but he is a top manager who helped me a lot!
must remember he was at brighton when we were in league one two seasons ago people change with success so would a manager

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So we know that Gus clashed with one player and helped another. It doesn't really tell us anything does it?

There are many on here who are happy to accept any stick with which to beat Gus at the moment.

If Vicente's revelation had come out six months ago it would probably have been 'proof' that Vicente was lazy and had a poor attitude.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think these signings were a bit odd, especially the Dobbie one; it was all very last minute then next thing he's loaned out. I'd like to hear their side of events.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
must remember he was at brighton when we were in league one two seasons ago people change with success so would a manager
But why should he change for the worst ? I don't think I ever saw him do anything other then encourage players on the pitch and give out instructions.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Gus has handled things wrongly made mistakes but was/is the best manager we have had since Alan Mullery. Alan Mullery was the man who wanted to get rid of Peter Ward remember.

You make it sound that it was clearly a mistake to offload an unsettled, out of form striker. When Mullery did sell Ward to Forest, looking at it now, it's not obvious that it was an error. And yes, I agree that Poyet is the best Brighton manager since Mullery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So we know that Gus clashed with one player and helped another. It doesn't really tell us anything does it?

There are many on here who are happy to accept any stick with which to beat Gus at the moment.

If Vicente's revelation had come out six months ago it would probably have been 'proof' that Vicente was lazy and had a poor attitude.

This. I think mot people know that Gus is finished here, so to cope with that, they find as many faults real & imagined as they can.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think these signings were a bit odd, especially the Dobbie one; it was all very last minute then next thing he's loaned out. I'd like to hear their side of events.

It would be interesting to hear why they were interested to sign in the first place, yes. And why particularly the latter one did such little work whilst here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here